+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding details of my wife to my PR application/Spousal open work permit applicat

saju_321

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks Leon

You are very helpful.

So, you are saying visa processing office that has to be mentioned in the application form will be CPP-Ottawa and i have to mail the complete application package along with the PCC to CPC-Mississauga?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saju_321 said:
Thanks Leon

You are very helpful.

So, you are saying visa processing office that has to be mentioned in the application form will be CPP-Ottawa and i have to mail the complete application package along with the PCC to CPC-Mississauga?
I think you would be better off applying inland because she'll get a new work permit. If you apply inland, you use different forms and there is no choice of visa office. If you apply outland, you can pick Ottawa as your processing office, however, immigration may send it to ND anyway but initially all sponsorship applications go to Mississauga for pre-processing.

saju_321

Mar 2, 2013
Hi Leon

My wife can get a new work permit only if she applies inland?
She is currently holding a spousal open work permit which is valid till Sep 2015. So, if she is getting a new work permit after first stage approval in inland process, are there chances that she will get the work permit for beyond Sep 2015?

What is the visa processing office that i have mention in the application form, CPP-Ottawa? And where do i send the complete application package, CPC - Mississauga?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saju_321 said:
Hi Leon

My wife can get a new work permit only if she applies inland?
She is currently holding a spousal open work permit which is valid till Sep 2015. So, if she is getting a new work permit after first stage approval in inland process, are there chances that she will get the work permit for beyond Sep 2015?

What is the visa processing office that i have mention in the application form, CPP-Ottawa? And where do i send the complete application package, CPC - Mississauga?
If you apply inland and she gets first stage approval, she will be guaranteed a work permit until she gets her PR however long that takes.

You can find the inland forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Outland forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Read the forms and the instructions, then come back if you still have questions.

saju_321

Mar 2, 2013
Hi Leon

I have seen those forms before, but sure, i will check them again.

I have another important doubt about submitting my wife's PCC. When my wife was in India and when my PR application was in process, they asked my wife to undergo medical and submit her PCC. Both these were done in Feb 2014. Now, when i apply for my wife's sponsorship in Mar/Apr 2014 do i need to submit the PCC again or can i show the reference of the recently submitted PCC? I can write an explanation enclosing the photocopy of the already submitted PCC.

yingying1202000

Apr 3, 2014
saju_321 said:
Hi Leon

I have seen those forms before, but sure, i will check them again.

I have another important doubt about submitting my wife's PCC. When my wife was in India and when my PR application was in process, they asked my wife to undergo medical and submit her PCC. Both these were done in Feb 2014. Now, when i apply for my wife's sponsorship in Mar/Apr 2014 do i need to submit the PCC again or can i show the reference of the recently submitted PCC? I can write an explanation enclosing the photocopy of the already submitted PCC.
hi, so you wife already undergo the medical on Feb., and after that how long did you take to get a ppr email? and can I ask what is PCC? Is that criminal check ?Thank you.

saju_321

Mar 2, 2013
Hi Yingying

I got the passport call for confirmation of PR last week.

PCC is police clearance certificate.

Poojanarang

May 23, 2014
saju_321 said:
Hi Everyone,

My wife applied for her spousal open work permit in India on Feb 18th and she hasn't even got a call for medical yet. I know some of them who applied during the same time and got their passport within a month's time. We are wondering if something is wrong with our application.

It'll be very helpful if someone who has applied for spousal open work permit in Jan/Feb/Mar 2014 in Canadian High Commission - New Delhi can share their experience.

Thanks.
I am planning to apply for a Spousal work permit Visa. My boy friend is currently based in Canada as a TFW.
We planning to get married in January 2014. When is the best time to apply for the Spousal open work permit.

He is visiting India next month for a week. Is it advisable to get the process started with a court marriage?

I need some guidance on how to go about it?

Also if we apply after getting married in January. How long does the entire process take.

I hope your wife got her visa by now. How long did it take for her.

Thanks,

Pooja

Jul app

Apr 19, 2013
Hi Saju,
To get work permit for your spouse, did she mention that you have an open immigration file or not? Don't you think they will automatically check it?
I am in the same situation as you. I had added my spouse to my open immigration file but meantime I wanna apply for her open work permit, but I am not sure if they will grant it while we both have open immigration file!
Thanks
saju_321 said:
Hi Yingying/Leon

My wife got her spousal open work permit.
Now, i am planning to sponsor my wife after when i become PR. I have sent my passport to receive confirmation of PR. So, probably within 1 month, i will be a PR.

The processing time for sponsoring spouse from within Canada is currently shown as 17 months.

Leon, is there any other way that my wife can become a PR? Her work permit is expiring in Sept 2015.

eerfanex

Jun 20, 2014
Hi, I am applying for PR under FSWP (2173 Software engineers and designers) in August 2014. My marraige is planned in October. My fiancee is giving her GMAT and is preparing to apply for MBA in Canada (mostly in Queens college if she gets selected). A few questions I am stuck with:

1. Should I add her as accompanying or Non-accompanying in October after marriage?
2. Will it cause trouble when she applies for student Visa if she gets selected in queens? (her student Visa filing will be before decision is made on my PR application and Queens class would start in January)
3. We were planning to do court marriage next month, should we avoid till I apply for PR and she applies for student visa or it won't matter if we do court marriage before applying for our respective visas.
4. If she gets student visa, should I go as her dependent? What would be preferable. Please advise

Looking forward for a quick help. Thanks!

jojo1026

Sep 27, 2009
Hi Leon,

Would really appreciate for your advice here.
My fiancé has the PR and will be moving in March15. We planning to register our marriage in July15 when he comes back from canada.
Can he apply spouse open work permit for me ( do I need to be in canada?)? and how is the sequence ?
open work permit > spouse sponsorship? OR both in the same time?
I would like to get a job ASAP, which one is faster?
many many thanks!!! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jojo1026 said:
Hi Leon,

Would really appreciate for your advice here.
My fiancé has the PR and will be moving in March15. We planning to register our marriage in July15 when he comes back from canada.
Can he apply spouse open work permit for me ( do I need to be in canada?)? and how is the sequence ?
open work permit > spouse sponsorship? OR both in the same time?
I would like to get a job ASAP, which one is faster?
many many thanks!!! :)
Your fiancé will have to sponsor your for PR after you get married. If you are not in Canada and not planning on staying in Canada for the duration of the processing, he will have to sponsor you outland which means no open work permit for you but the processing time may be shorter. If you want to apply inland, you are bound to stay in Canada during the processing time and although he can apply for an open work permit for you at the same time, it may take up to a year to get first stage approval and get that permit.

kiran2014

Sep 29, 2014
Reg: Doubt regarding Birth Certificate

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Canadian Immigration in Skilled
Labour Category. I have some doubts regarding the same.
I shall be very thankful if someone can help me out with these

1. I don't have any Birth Certificate issued from the corporation.
Although I am having an Affidavit from the court with a Notary stamp
on it stating my Date of Birth and other details.
I have also attached my 10th degree certificate that also contains
My DOB
So my doubt is will these two documents suffice in place of Birth Certificate???
Or I need to attach any other supporting document???
Is there any need of "Non Availability Document for Birth Certificate" incase I have
Don't have a Birth Certificate from Corporation.