+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding child after copr

anitkhatri

Oct 31, 2017
I received copr on 18th December and spouse tentative date of delivery is 3rd Jan 2020. What should I do in this situation? Should I request ircc to hold pr application or ask for extention?, Need your guidance. Thank you in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unless your family can land in Canada before your wife gives birth, you need to wait for her to deliver and then inform IRCC and ask for a revised COPR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I received copr on 18th December and spouse tentative date of delivery is 3rd Jan 2020. What should I do in this situation? Should I request ircc to hold pr application or ask for extention?, Need your guidance. Thank you in advance.
You don't request or ask anything. You just wait for the child to be born, inform IRCC and add the child to your app. You will have to return your current COPRs/visas and they will be re-issued. Expect several months of additional processing time.

anitkhatri

Oct 31, 2017
I just inform IRCC about delivery with relavant doctor certificate and sonography images to show geniuness of the matter. Now waiting for their response.

anitkhatri

Oct 31, 2017
You don't request or ask anything. You just wait for the child to be born, inform IRCC and add the child to your app. You will have to return your current COPRs/visas and they will be re-issued. Expect several months of additional processing time.
Thank you so much

Brighae

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I trust your wife had a safe delivery. How has your matter progressed since she gave birth? Also, where are you located. I'm in a similar situation.

anitkhatri

Oct 31, 2017
Hi, I trust your wife had a safe delivery. How has your matter progressed since she gave birth? Also, where are you located. I'm in a similar situation.
Hello. Everything went well. We received our ppr mail. Send our passport for stamping. I am from India.