+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a spouse, please help senior members

seanmc8000

Aug 20, 2010
Hi there,
I am hoping to marry my fiancee in September 2011. She applied through the Federal Skilled Worker program and her documents were transferred to London last July. Her E-cas status still remains RBVO but she is hoping to get to the In Process stage shortly.

My question is: Can we get married in September 2011 even if her PR has not come through and what are the consequences we might have to endure if she adds a husband before her application is finalized?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Don't worry. Go and get married mate and start your new life.

Once this is done, you need to submit your related forms like IM0008, additional family form, pay the fees, then submit PCC, POF and related documentation like education...etc.

The only impact is that this will delay her app for few months till your files are processed and cleared.

Congratulations on advance,

Mezo

seanmc8000

Aug 20, 2010
Cheers Mezo2009,

I also have a few more questions. Do you think that it would be better for us to make our common law status legal by a court or not? My fiancee is afraid that they might make her start her application from the beginning again by adding a common law partner to her application. Or would it be safer if we just got married in September and inform them of the change after that?
Looking forward to hearing some replies.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Hi,

Your marriage has to be proven to be legal. If it takes place in court, then, let it be. In some countries, the department in charge for civil affairs takes care of this. You check how marriage is officially acknowledged by local authorities and stick to that.

No worries, the addition of a spouse won't stop her app and restart it again, it will add more time for processing the new spouse files.

Good luck