+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Added Wife's Name in existing file

shardik_18

Oct 19, 2014
Please Help Me

Hi All
I got my PNP last year and i have applied for my PR in January and I got married after I have applied for PR. So, I asked CIC and they advised me to send all forms and premedical. I have finished those things in May/June. In september, I got a request for RPRF and I paid that right away. After, 3 weeks i got another email to submit our wedding proof. I have submitted all our proof since 3 weeks. But, I havent heard anything from them.

Can anybody tell me how much time it will take for my and my wife's PR?

Can i apply for my spouse's OWP or visitor visa in meanwhile? So, she can come here to see me.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shardik_18 said:
Please Help Me

Hi All
I got my PNP last year and i have applied for my PR in January and I got married after I have applied for PR. So, I asked CIC and they advised me to send all forms and premedical. I have finished those things in May/June. In september, I got a request for RPRF and I paid that right away. After, 3 weeks i got another email to submit our wedding proof. I have submitted all our proof since 3 weeks. But, I havent heard anything from them.

Can anybody tell me how much time it will take for my and my wife's PR?

Can i apply for my spouse's OWP or visitor visa in meanwhile? So, she can come here to see me.
Updating your application with a change in family composition is expected to add to the processing of your application. The new addition will have to go through the admissibility reviews same way as you are, only in this case, she starts from a much later date than you.

The current processing times for provincial nominee applicants are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp
Look up the processing times for the visa office/processing office where your application is being processed and use it as a gauge; these are not exact and subject to change.

You can have her apply for a visitor visa, but the probability of success depends more on her supporting documents rather than your status. Note that in a visitor visa application, it is the applicant who is being scrutinized - a visitor is expected to be visiting only, and at the end of the permitted stay, expected to exit Canada and return to the home country. The visitor visa applicant is also examined if the capability to fund/self-support the visit by herself/himself primarily than relying on support of family members in Canada. In many cases, there are higher probability of refusals of visitor visa applications for spouses of temporary residents (i.e. worker/student) given CIC often sees there is more a risk of the visitor exceeding the duration of the permitted stay due to the presence of the stronger tie (i.e. the spouse that already in Canada) in the country rather than the ties (i.e. work, property, etc.) in the home country. The spouse giving support to the visiting spouse is usually seen as detrimental to the application, as it usually contributes more the risk of the visitor overstaying (contravening the conditions of the permitted visit) rather than leaving.

The more palatable route is applying for an OWP, which is dependent on your status. See here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
However, the OWP route usually takes longer than a visitor visa application.

.../hope this helps

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shardik_18 said:
Thanks for your reply. But if i apply for OWP then is it gonna affect my PR?
No. These are separate applications.

The OWP is for temporary residence, and the other is for a Permanent Residence application. Both are going to be assessed and evaluated on their own merits and support documents/proof.

.../atb

shardik_18

Oct 19, 2014
I am wondering because as they have asked for wedding proof and questionnaires. Now if i apply for her work permit, dont they think that i am fraud.
The problem is i dont know how much exact time it will take for my PR and as i am already married, my wife's family member always ask her when she is going and all that stuff. So, i just want my wife to be here. And in india, if girl is staying with her parents after marriage everybody talks about her.
Now in my case, i cant go india for more than 3 weeks and she cant come here now.
So, what should i do so that she can come here faster.

kirthan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shardik_18 said:
I am wondering because as they have asked for wedding proof and questionnaires. Now if i apply for her work permit, dont they think that i am fraud.
The problem is i dont know how much exact time it will take for my PR and as i am already married, my wife's family member always ask her when she is going and all that stuff. So, i just want my wife to be here. And in india, if girl is staying with her parents after marriage everybody talks about her.
Now in my case, i cant go india for more than 3 weeks and she cant come here now.
So, what should i do so that she can come here faster.
When did you submitted your application for CIC ?

shardik_18

Oct 19, 2014
Application received in Jan 2014
Medical in March 2014
Spouse's medical in June 2014
Landing fees in sept 2014
I am getting the message "medical received" since March