+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add yours- reasons applications have been sent back

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
This may have already been asked but do they send you an email telling you the application package is coming back (being mailed back to your home address) or do you just find it in your home mailbox a few weeks after it is delivered to Mississauga?
When they mailed my application back to me, I just found it in the mailbox. I don’t think they’ll send out an email telling you.

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
No, they don't email and just comes back in regular Canada post mail. However, some people were able to know that their package is coming back when they called cic after waiting for regular AOR1 time.
I wish/hope this never happens to anyone because returned app just add to stress and waiting game.
This may have already been asked but do they send you an email telling you the application package is coming back (being mailed back to your home address) or do you just find it in your home mailbox a few weeks after it is delivered to Mississauga?

juicykey

May 18, 2018
No, they don't email and just comes back in regular Canada post mail. However, some people were able to know that their package is coming back when they called cic after waiting for regular AOR1 time.
I wish/hope this never happens to anyone because returned app just add to stress and waiting game.

Yup can confirm that IRCC keeps a record if the package gets returned as I just spoke to IRCC on the phone about this.

And was told that for PGP there would be no extension of the deadline if the package was returned.

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Has anyone had their application sent back for missing traffic history accompanying national police check?

Or do they just get you to upload the missing traffic history.

We made a boo boo.

Submitted national police check for Australia with traffic history where we live in Victoria (partner has Victorian license) but my partner also lived in Queensland but never held a drivers licence there, so we totally missed that you still have to submit a letter from Queensland government proving you didnt have a license...

pretty sure they will send it back to us...but just wanted to see if anyone else didn’t have the whole application sent back for that kind of error?