+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add-on for a dependent child outside Canada

avaliciously

Aug 23, 2013
I am a protected person whose application is in for PR...I got married and my husband has been added to my application as dependent a year after my application was submitted..he is eligible, and we are presently awaiting our request for medical exams (if applicable) then interview etc...final process ie.Our last letter from CIC was received in september 2012 stating that our application MAY take up to 18 months for the final process for us to be granted PR,that 18 months would be up in March 2014..

We are thinking about adding my husband's 4 year old daughter who is out of Canada to my application ...my questions are: would this add-on affect or delay our application for PR ? Or should he wait until he's being granted PR then do a sponsorship for her?..Is it better to do the add-on out of Canada?
I am assuming that if its done outside Canada ,we will be granted PR then the designated visa office will process the child's application. Is this so?

CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS!!

GOD BLESS

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
avaliciously said:
I am a protected person whose application is in for PR...I got married and my husband has been added to my application as dependent a year after my application was submitted..he is eligible, and we are presently awaiting our request for medical exams (if applicable) then interview etc...final process ie.Our last letter from CIC was received in september 2012 stating that our application MAY take up to 18 months for the final process for us to be granted PR,that 18 months would be up in March 2014..

We are thinking about adding my husband's 4 year old daughter who is out of Canada to my application ...my questions are: would this add-on affect or delay our application for PR ? Or should he wait until he's being granted PR then do a sponsorship for her?..Is it better to do the add-on out of Canada?
I am assuming that if its done outside Canada ,we will be granted PR then the designated visa office will process the child's application. Is this so?

CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS!!

GOD BLESS
I don't know enough about this kind of application to answer your questions.

But was your husband's daughter mentioned in your application? Did CIC say she would need a medical exam?

avaliciously

Aug 23, 2013
Yes she was mentioned in the application but was not included for PR processing...if she wasnt mentioned,there was no way we could have done a future sponsorship or add-on.