+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add newborn to Application; Upload File button greyed Out; CoPR VISA Expiring

zurahmans

Oct 22, 2020
I obtained CoPR in Nov 2019 and have the Visa validity to travel till Nov 17, 2020 for me and my family. I did not travel as I had a baby on August 30, 2020 and thought it would be wise to have birth here and later add the baby to the application.
After the baby was born, I raised web form for Change in Status due to birth on September 1, 2020, I got the response with a request letter to upload the documents on September 3, 2020 within 30 days. The view and upload documents section had a new row added to upload new documents with deadline as October 10, 2020. All the documentation took me some time and I was ready to upload on September 25, 2020. When I go to upload the file, the button for "Upload File" is greyed out (unclickable).

I have raised several web forms to complain along with the attachment of documents I had to upload and got different responses one of them mentioning the issue is resolved and another one saying that the documents have been forwarded to responsible department. I still kept sending new web forms. Now the deadline to upload documents passed on October 10, 2020 and the same row appears with "Replacement Overdue" remark.

I am quite worried and not sure what to do. I have also read some articles mentioning that a lot of people with CoPR have the Visa's that have expired and could not travel due to COVID are still stuck and the processing times have increased drastically. I had plans to travel as soon as my situation was sorted after the new baby is added to application, but it looks like I will be stuck for a long time once my visa expires.

Currently, except for the new baby, my family has visa to travel up till November 17, 2020. I am even considering to travel alone for a soft landing alone so that at least I secure my PR. If i have the PR alone, I can probably sponsor my Family later, but it would give me a chance to move earlier as I was planning. If I wait for the response, it could be a very long time before everything is processed and all the planning would go sideways. I am also concerned, since I already raised web form to add the new born to application and they already know, does that invalidate my Visa as I think they will ask for all our passports back to return with new visa including the new baby. Will there be any issue once I land there?

Any one has any advice on what should I do based on their experiences and any additional information, it would be really great.

regards,