+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adaptability

arvifsw

Jun 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My wife's aunt (her Mother's sister) is PR in Canada.
Would I get 5 points for Adaptability, as it says:

Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Thanks,
Arvi

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I dont think that you will get 5 points under EE system for FSW category. I also didnt got any points.

But if you are applying for OINP, then yes, you will get 5 points provided you can give produce the proof of blood relation

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
arvifsw said:
Hi Everyone,

My wife's aunt (her Mother's sister) is PR in Canada.
Would I get 5 points for Adaptability, as it says:

Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Thanks,
Arvi
Are you applying as a FSW? Is so, I believe you have answered the question yourself. If your partner is included in your application than yes, you do get the five points for her aunt in Canada provided you can conclusively proof their relationship.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
Are you applying as a FSW? Is so, I believe you have answered the question yourself. If your partner is included in your application than yes, you do get the five points for her aunt in Canada provided you can conclusively proof their relationship.
Yes, Kucuy15 is clearly right. You get 5 FSW points for this relative. Be ready to prove the relationship, that is, have your wife's birth certificate with her mother's name on it, then her mother's birth certificate and the aunt's birth certificate with the same parents' name on it.

If this is too troublesome, then calculate whether you have more than 67 FSW points without it, and, if you are sure you do, leave it off.

arvifsw

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks guys for your help.
This relationship will also help in CRS as well if I'm wrong??
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
arvifsw said:
Thanks guys for your help.
This relationship will also help in CRS as well if I'm wrong??
Thanks in advance.
No CRS points.

aarchiebhatia111

Oct 28, 2015
hello friends,
I hv received OINP.. N in a prep phase to submit papers.. One thing I m not sure is that do I compulsorily need to hv connection in Ontario

chetan_ndl

Jul 3, 2017
Hello Friends,

I got Notification of Interest (NOI) from ONIP on my express entry profile. I started to fill the application for ONIP. In the family section, when I am filling information of my spouse's (dependent) IELTS score, I am getting a warning note as below:

"Please note that you are not eligible to apply. To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a CLB score of 7 or above in English or in French."

My spouse's IELTS score are Listening: 5.5, Reading: 6, Writing: 6, Speaking: 7. According to the application guide,Your spouse or common-law partner has a language level in either English or French at CLB 4 level or higher in all four language abilities (speaking, listening, reading and writing) will get 5 points for adaptability.

Please help to understand and how should I proceed?

Matilda2019

May 22, 2021
No CRS points.
hello =) i hope you can help me.

for the additional points in CRS, does the sibling have to be alone (basically with no immediate family in Canada) or will the 15 points still be given even if the sibling has a spouse and dependents in Canada?

thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello =) i hope you can help me.

for the additional points in CRS, does the sibling have to be alone (basically with no immediate family in Canada) or will the 15 points still be given even if the sibling has a spouse and dependents in Canada?

thank you in advance.
The sibling doesn’t have to be alone but must be living in Canada as PR or citizen.