+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adaptability Factor - First Degree Cousins

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I have a pending FSW Canadian Immigration application.

===============================================
In the Adaptability Factor, CIC says that:
===============================================

E. Relatives in Canada (5 points):
You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt/uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew) who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

====================
My question is:
====================

I have cousins in Canada (first degree cousins) who are Canadian Citizens. They are willing to issue me affidavit of support if needed. QUESTIONS:

1. Is it possible for me to get points at the Adaptability Factor (E. Relatives in Canada) even if cousins were not enumerated as relatives in the Adaptability Factor (E. Relatives in Canada)?

2. Or does this entirely rely upon the discretion/judgement/consideration of the Immigration Officer that will be handling my case?

Leon, BCguy, and other knowledgeable people kindly reply.

- tanya321

ghiaskhan

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp

Please go through the above, cic officers cannot go beyound the subscribd law & government's direction.They do have discretionary powers, but they cannot break the boundries set by the law.

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
thanks for that info. you may be correct. there must be a reason why cic did not include other types of relatives on the adaptability factor.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Well, if u want to take advantage of ur relatives in Canada,the best possible way is to get a job offer/AEO through them.Most of the times relatives in Canada can help ppl finding a job.Good Luck.