+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Active tuberculosis- is visa approved eventually?

RDHMEH

Oct 26, 2021
hello,
My husband was unfortunately diagnosed with TB during his Canada medical exam. He had an infection 16 years ago and it was cured at that time. He is completely healthy but unfortunately he found out about TB in his Canada medical tests.
I am writing here again with a lot of hope of getting more guidance on the topic of active TB
My husband got culture positive result for TB and the requirement was a sensitivity test before the TB treatment could be started.
However, Inspite of waiting for weeks, the sensitivity result was not determined by the lab. The reason stated was- the TB bacteria were not isolated and we had to begin the treatment without the sensitivity result.
it has been three months of treatment and the authorities have been asking for other tests- hepatitis C, X ray, interferon test for me (the spouse). We have been diligently following all the directions.
The X ray shows no change. My husband is completely asymptomatic as always.
but now they are asking for a sensitivity test again which is very complicated as the authorised lab is not able to obtain those results. I really need to know what exactly is going on?

Thank you.

Reactions: Jag47

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello,
My husband was unfortunately diagnosed with TB during his Canada medical exam. He had an infection 16 years ago and it was cured at that time. He is completely healthy but unfortunately he found out about TB in his Canada medical tests.
I am writing here again with a lot of hope of getting more guidance on the topic of active TB
My husband got culture positive result for TB and the requirement was a sensitivity test before the TB treatment could be started.
However, Inspite of waiting for weeks, the sensitivity result was not determined by the lab. The reason stated was- the TB bacteria were not isolated and we had to begin the treatment without the sensitivity result.
it has been three months of treatment and the authorities have been asking for other tests- hepatitis C, X ray, interferon test for me (the spouse). We have been diligently following all the directions.
but now they are asking for a sensitivity test again which is very complicated as the authorised lab is not able to obtain those results. I really need to know what exactly is going on?

Thank you.
IRCC needs to be convinced that the TB is no longer active and will also want to see that treatment has been completed and other tests have come back with the right results before medical can be passed and the PR visa approved. There's not much you can do but follow the instructions you are being given and take the test you're being asked to do.

Active TB usually delays an application for six months at a minimum (quite possibly longer) due to the treatments and additional testing.

Good luck.

Seehrasimmi

Jun 28, 2022
Hello , i have diagonsed with Tb positive . Is it necessary to take treatment from the same hospital or we can go for tb teatment from any hospital. Please reply..

RDHMEH

Oct 26, 2021
Hi,

The treatment can be done from any doctor but there are few doctors on the panel, which the Diagnostic centre can give details. Ask for details at the test centre and approach accordingly to the doctor as recommended.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello , i have diagonsed with Tb positive . Is it necessary to take treatment from the same hospital or we can go for tb teatment from any hospital. Please reply..
Did you got diagonsed while through the IRCC medical process by medical panel or in general? What status are you on? Which province?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

The treatment can be done from any doctor but there are few doctors on the panel, which the Diagnostic centre can give details. Ask for details at the test centre and approach accordingly to the doctor as recommended.
There is no need to go with a recommended doctor from the diagnostic centrethat is approved by IRCC associated with the panel doctor. Many of the panel doctors refer to certain clinics because they get a fee for referring people.People will need to return to IRCC approved TB testing location to repeat sputum sample and chest x-ray once treatment is done.

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
hello,

Thank you.
Hi can you guide me please what happens in medical surveillance? Can we get work permit and PR visa?

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
There is no need to go with a recommended doctor from the diagnostic centrethat is approved by IRCC associated with the panel doctor. Many of the panel doctors refer to certain clinics because they get a fee for referring people.People will need to return to IRCC approved TB testing location to repeat sputum sample and chest x-ray once treatment is done.
Please tell what is cost of undergone medical surveillance?
How many times we need to attend appointments in future?
Do they keep our information private?
Where can we and cant we work being diagnosed with TB
Please give information
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please give information
Thank you
I
Hi can you guide me please what happens in medical surveillance? Can we get work permit and PR visa?
You will not be approved for any permits until you are able to pass the medical and treatment for TB is negative.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please give information
Thank you
Shouldn’t be any cost to medical surveillance. Yes medical information is personal information and should not be disclosed to anyone. The only exemption is if you are still infectious and go to public places putting others at risk of catching TB. If you are interacting with the elderly or the very young while testing positive for TB and not being upfront with your TB infection, public health will likely advise the management or HR department of your TB infection so they can take steps to protect the seniors and small children.

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Shouldn’t be any cost to medical surveillance. Yes medical information is personal information and should not be disclosed to anyone. The only exemption is if you are still infectious and go to public places putting others at risk of catching TB. If you are interacting with the elderly or the very young while testing positive for TB and not being upfront with your TB infection, public health will likely advise the management or HR department of your TB infection so they can take steps to protect the seniors and small children.
Ji thank you so much for easing me from mental depression. I am pursuing MBA . Im good at academics . Do you think i ll get the suitable job. Iam so afraid now . Im planning to quit after getting study permit.

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I

You will not be approved for any permits until you are able to pass the medical and treatment for TB is negative.
Thank you so much for your quick response. But please i dont understand because my tensed brain.

I got infected with germs in 2020 when I stupiditly travelled in cities with 100° fever. At that my immune system was weak because of normal fever . I took the treatment carefully.

So please say again in detail. Now my state is non infectious (latent tb) . So how can i be able to get PR and Job .

I got my study permit now and ready to land soon . But now my fears prevent me to go further quit everything and refund my fees. Thanks god to give me this disease at the peak of poverty.

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Thank you so much for your quick response. But please i dont understand because my tensed brain.

I got infected with germs in 2020 when I stupiditly travelled in cities with 100° fever. At that my immune system was weak because of normal fever . I took the treatment carefully.

So please say again in detail. Now my state is non infectious (latent tb) . So how can i be able to get PR and Job .

I got my study permit now and ready to land soon . But now my fears prevent me to go further quit everything and refund my fees. Thanks god to give me this disease at the peak of poverty.