+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Action Required: Follow up in-person interview

aiswarya0802

Sep 21, 2022
Hello,
I hold a Canadian PR and is currently working in the US on H1B.
I submitted my documents including my passport for H1B stamping in Toronto via the drop-box option. However, today I got an email asking me to schedule a in-person interview. I checked the online scheduling system , however OCT 2023 is when they have the next available date.
It hasn't been 30 days since I left the US, Will I be able to re-enter the US via automatic revalidation since I sill have a valid i797 form?
Also, the consulate said they are returning my documents, will it have any details of an earlier appt time or date, or do I have to wait till OCT 2023?
Thank you.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Did you travel from US and apply for drop box (without living in Canada)?

If you keep trying, you might get interview slot sooner. You cannot use AVR now as you have already applied for a visa. One of the condition for AVR is that you should not have applied for visa. Also, they would have cancelled your expired visa which is usually used for revalidation.

aiswarya0802

Sep 21, 2022
I already did a soft landing here, and went back to US. Came back again to Toronto because my husband works here.
My current appt date is OCT 2023!
My visa is valid till Aug 2023, so I still have a valid i797.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
You can use your existing visa to go back. Unless you live in Canada and make it as primary residence, they are not giving drop box option and make people appear for interview

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
You can use your existing visa to go back. Unless you live in Canada and make it as primary residence, they are not giving drop box option and make people appear for interview
I had the drop box option then changed to in person interview , got the refused 221g administrative processing , Living in Canada for 6 years , PR for 3 years, after the in person interview got approved within 15 days, process took 3 months. Toronto US consulate

aiswarya0802

Sep 21, 2022
I had the drop box option then changed to in person interview , got the refused 221g administrative processing , Living in Canada for 6 years , PR for 3 years, after the in person interview got approved within 15 days, process took 3 months. Toronto US consulate

aiswarya0802

Sep 21, 2022
After the in- person interview it took 3 months to get the passport stamped? What was your visa category and what did the 221g slip ask for. Thank you for your info.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
After the in- person interview it took 3 months to get the passport stamped? What was your visa category and what did the 221g slip ask for. Thank you for your info.
After the in person interview it was 15 days to get the PP stamped and Canada post pick up withing 2 working days , my visa category renew B1 / B2 visa the 221g was clearly a security background since been to the states more than dozen times , in the interview the officer took my PR card and swiped into the system and asked my job details, how long living in Canada, just yesterday my Manager explained he got an email 3 weeks back from the us consulate in Toronto to verify my position and how long been working , exact same time after i did the interview , notice the new 10 year B1 / B2 visa stated Canadian PR , clearance granted and renewed. I kept on trying to get a interview date in 2022 all was in 2023 and luckily the system had limited August 2022 minium dates and got one , hence the reason i got it in 3 months time frame.

bear joules

Sep 26, 2022
Hi Aishwarya… i have also been asked for in person interview, have you been able to book a sooner slot ? Even I booked for oct2023 !

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
How can you change from drop box to interview?