+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACL surgery or Knee replacement surgery please help...

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
I would like to know if is there anyone here how much is the ACL surgey or knee replacement in canada? My friend leg need to be surgery in canada which will be his new home..any suggestion especially without health insurance please i just need an info for my friend

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here's some information from 2006 that puts it at $14K to $16 (however this is for a partial replacement only):

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/775660.html

Since this information is now 8 years old, I would make the assumption he's looking at $25K for a partial. If he needs full replacement surgery then who knows - maybe double it to $50K? (That's obviously just a guess.)

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
scylla said:
Here's some information from 2006 that puts it at $14K to $16 (however this is for a partial replacement only):

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/775660.html

Since this information is now 8 years old, I would make the assumption he's looking at $25K for a partial. If he needs full replacement surgery then who knows - maybe double it to $50K? (That's obviously just a guess.)
Hi Scylla,

That's quite a lot for a surgery. Being curious, since there is someone i know that also consider to have this kind of ACL surgery. If you are a PR in Alberta having the AHCIP, this kind of surgery is covered? if i understand it correctly. Coz in there Alberta Health Care website only mentions "medically required surgeries" are covered in the plan. Does this includes all kinds of surgeries?

Thanks in advance ;)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
dmac11 said:
That's quite a lot for a surgery. Being curious, since there is someone i know that also consider to have this kind of ACL surgery. If you are a PR in Alberta having the AHCIP, this kind of surgery is covered? if i understand it correctly. Coz in there Alberta Health Care website only mentions "medically required surgeries" are covered in the plan. Does this includes all kinds of surgeries?
If he needs to get the surgery, then it should qualify under "medically required". Nobody would get this type of surgery if it wasn't required! It's cosmetic type surgeries not medically required that may not be covered by healthcare.

However even though it's most likely covered under healthcare, if the surgery is not deemed as urgent then he could be waiting quite a while (many months) to actually get the surgery done.

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rob_TO said:
If he needs to get the surgery, then it should qualify under "medically required". Nobody would get this type of surgery if it wasn't required! It's cosmetic type surgeries not medically required that may not be covered by healthcare.

However even though it's most likely covered under healthcare, if the surgery is not deemed as urgent then he could be waiting quite a while (many months) to actually get the surgery done.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification.. Plus 1ne to you.

Coz she's now in the early stage of the PR process awaiting MR. When the time comes, as God's blessing.. She will get her PR and will settle in Alberta. She plans to have it examine there and if ever they recommend to do surgery, i do hope it's covered. Co'z she's having the pain for quite sometime now..

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
dmac11 said:
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification.. Plus 1ne to you.

Coz she's now in the early stage of the PR process awaiting MR. When the time comes, as God's blessing.. She will get her PR and will settle in Alberta. She plans to have it examine there and if ever they recommend to do surgery, i do hope it's covered. Co'z she's having the pain for quite sometime now..
Is she already in canada? if so then she must be having an Alberta health card and she can still goto a doctor and get a advise. if the doctors recommend a surgery then why to wait to get a PR card

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kriv said:
Is she already in canada? if so then she must be having an Alberta health card and she can still goto a doctor and get a advise. if the doctors recommend a surgery then why to wait to get a PR card
Hi Kriv,

Not yet. She's still outside of Canada awaiting for the PR visa approval. Co'z back home she already asked some doctors' advice for her condition and doctors responded that she may or not have the surgery. Advice her try to observe first if it gets worst. Surgery back home is quite a handful as well.

So in time, will probably use the healthcare for this purposes. It will help a lot.

Thanks for the response.. :)