+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accurate Proof of number of days in Canada

jerry_25

Jul 16, 2013
I am living with my uncle and as of now I am not doing any job or study, how is it possible for me to give concrete proof of my days in Canada. In my case I was away for 2 years to my home country after getting PR and now I am back and total I stayed here for about 2 months in 2 years. Secondly, do they consider arrival stamps on passport of my home country as proof

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They might need translation of those stamps if they are not already in English.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerry_25 said:
I am living with my uncle and as of now I am not doing any job or study, how is it possible for me to give concrete proof of my days in Canada. In my case I was away for 2 years to my home country after getting PR and now I am back and total I stayed here for about 2 months in 2 years. Secondly, do they consider arrival stamps on passport of my home country as proof
What is your home country? CIC doesn't consider passport stamps from some countries where corruption makes it easy to get future dated entries/exits to shorten the actual period of absence from Canada. In such cases CIC needs proof of residence in Canada. The best being a job in Canada for a bona fide employer that you attend regularly, and for which you get paid ideally by check or direct deposit with income reported to Canada Revenue.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerry_25 said:
I am from India basically, do CIC consider arrival stamps from India valid
With respect its likely that CIC may disregard stamps from India due to corruption..it all depends on what else you provide as proof of residency. If stamps are all you are offering then expect CIC to issue you a Residence Questionnaire. The RQ aspect is now being aggressively implemented for PR Card renewals whereas it was mostly for Citizenship applications. The burden of proof of presence is on the applicant. The PR Card renewal forms and guide hint at what CIC deem to be solid evidence of presence - get a full time job that deducts taxes to Canada Revenue is the message. Attending a reputable education institution that keeps solid records of attendance on a full time basis is also good proof.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
My questions is,

I work as consultant for a company, my employer or client direct deposit my payment for monthly services into my account and provide me payment voucher. In my business name (me and my wife are partner). How can I prove that, I am the one who is providing the services to client and not my wife, as voucher is on business name.
Secondly, Shall I can get a letter from client that I am working for them for last one year in Canada, that would be a concrete proof?. If by some how I can get a letter from all my employers that I was working for them as consultant that would satisfied the CIC or what else I can provide them.

Just to add, I am paying my own taxes

jerry_25

Jul 16, 2013
but there has to be concrete proof of residency if
1. You are not doing job
2. You are not studying
3. You are not paying the rent

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
jerry_25 said:
but there has to be concrete proof of residency if
1. You are not doing job
2. You are not studying
3. You are not paying the rent
Medical records are available from your provincial authority; get a record of dental visits; if your bank account is only in your name, get a record of your use of banking services; engagement in any community leagues or organizations; and so on.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Do we need to take Medical record from Provincial authority or letter from family Physician would also be acceptable, I understand better option is from Authorities. I havn't gone through any dental treatment yet, how important it is anyway if I already have several visits to my family Physician as well to labs.