+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accra Visa Office

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
Please has anyone received their PPR from AVO recently? My AOR was May 2019 and there's been no activity on my application since then. My medicals expired April 2020 and I wrote them but I was told the immigration officer hasn't asked for re-medicals. Does it mean my application would be denied or what? Because I was specifically told multiple times that the officer hadn't requested for another medicals so I didn't want to waste money. Recently I read a post about medicals being a forced activity, so I wanted to go ahead and do it anyway but my account was updated to say I don't medicals at this time but would be contacted if that changes meanwhile it was reading medicals passed but expired before. I really don't know what to do, other people that submitted months after me have received PPR and my gcms notes basically has no activity since June 2019. I appreciate your input. Thanks

Salum

Nov 28, 2020
My AOR was April 2019. I'm still waiting and hopeful. The thing is, my fiance just proposed and wedding plans are under way. I have read how people add a family member and it prolongs the wait, for someone like me that has been waiting on AVO for 19 months, if I get married and change my status won't that result in another 1 year at least. Please I need candid advice my fiance supports me and doesn't mind waiting. Should i get married and hope that AVO would receive sense or wait and hope I'm granted soon so i do my wedding afterwards? Is it easier for my fiance to join me when I'm over there. I dont know what to do. Seniors in the house, have you experienced this or do you know someone who has? Someone advised me to get the PR first before getting married (hopefully the PR is granted). In this case, can I notify them of my change of status as soon as I get married or do I have to move alone first then file for my husband? In the two scenarios, will my husband have to go through all the process of ielts, wes and all or would he come as my dependent? Please what should I do? Thanks all.

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Hello All,

Asking for a friend.

She has an OND and HND from two(2) different polytechnics. She sent both in to WES for evaluation. The ECA report came back with three year diploma and one year post grad certificate Canadian equivalency. On the report it mentions only the name of the second institution and which is where she obtained the HND. How will she go about this in her EE profile? Should she mention the institution where she obtained the OND. Her confusion is that this isn't on the ECA report.

Appreciate all your Inputs.

Kennyboy

Dec 24, 2020
Please has anyone received their PPR from AVO recently? My AOR was May 2019 and there's been no activity on my application since then. My medicals expired April 2020 and I wrote them but I was told the immigration officer hasn't asked for re-medicals. Does it mean my application would be denied or what? Because I was specifically told multiple times that the officer hadn't requested for another medicals so I didn't want to waste money. Recently I read a post about medicals being a forced activity, so I wanted to go ahead and do it anyway but my account was updated to say I don't medicals at this time but would be contacted if that changes meanwhile it was reading medicals passed but expired before. I really don't know what to do, other people that submitted months after me have received PPR and my gcms notes basically has no activity since June 2019. I appreciate your input. Thanks
@Jane13, Yes, I got PPR last month, November 6th. My AOR was in September 6th and I did medicals in December 2019. I would advise you wait and hear from them. Any additional thing you need will be requested by the Visa Office directly and not you taking the step. Patience is the key dear. It is well. I hope my response helps...