+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accra student permit for Jan 2020

Naagh1

Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am creating this thread to encourage Ghanaians who have applied for student permit and are waiting for their final decisions.

I know how nerve wracking it is to wait.
But with God’s grace and proper preparation it will go well.

For the past months I have been a reader on this platform though it was hard finding resent updates from Ghanaian applicants.

Please find my timeline below:

Booked my appointment about 3 days before .It was a paper based application

I submitted,
1.Notorized copies of my certificates and transcripts .( the same I used to apply to the school, I had my original copies too with me)

2. Police Report.( I did this about two weeks earlier)

3. Bank statements of my sponsor.

4. Tax statements of my sponsor.

5. Proof of relationship with my sponso r(birth certificate)

6. Letter of Introduction of my sponsor

7. Study Plan

8. Acceptance letter from the school

9. Receipt of my one year tuition fees.

10. Family information form.

11. Study permit form.

12. Student permit check list for.(checked the documents I was submitting )

13. Passport photo

Application Office: Accra, Ghana
Application Date: 25th September 2019
Biometrics Date: 25th September 2019
(After I left the application I realized I had recieved an email that confirmed my application and a tracking number to track the process)

At the time I applied the average processing time was 6 weeks but moved to 7 weeks the week after.

So for weeks tracked my document with tracking number which gave me the same response every time ,that my documents had been delivered to the Canada visa office on 25th September.

On 27 October I linked my paper documents to an online account using GCkey.

That gave me my application status and messages. Which was:

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents :We do not need additional documents.

Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Got a medical request on 30th October.

I went to Akai House to get it done on 31st.

On 4th November my account was updated that I had passed the medicals.

On 6th November I got correspondence for my biometrics.

On 9th November I got the approval and another Correspondence Letter.

God is good.

I went back to track my document using the code I was given. It gave me the same response until on the 11th of November then it was updated that my processed passport had been dispatched to the Canada visa application Centre.

I didn’t get an email or any update so I called and I was told i could pick it up. I picked up my passport on 13th November.

I just pray that God’s Grace will be abundant on everyone else applying to further their education in Canada In Jesus Name.Amen.

Advice: Pray and Thank God for approval and prepare your documents well.

NB:This is as much as I can remember.

Reactions: Rosinia and Maame1

Naagh1

Nov 13, 2019
Congratulations dear how did you link your account. I submitted on the 1 Oct 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Thank you so much.
This is the link.
Then you select ‘‘Sign in with your GCKey user ID and password.’’
Then you select sign up and create your username and password.
Then you follow the instructions.
But you will need basic details from your application so have a copy of it by you so you can easily cross check.

After that is filled it searches and finds the document with the inputs you have given then askes if you want to link it.

I hope this helps.
May God’s Grace help you get it too. In Jesus name,Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maame1

Maame1

Nov 16, 2019
Thank you. Can I have your contact if you dont mind? Want to ask question on the application,
Which school are you going.

Reactions: Naagh1

elvis tetteh

Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am creating this thread to encourage Ghanaians who have applied for student permit and are waiting for their final decisions.

For the past months I have been a reader on this platform though it was hard finding resent updates from Ghanaian applicants.

I submitted,
1.Notorized copies of my certificates and transcripts .( the same I used to apply to the school, I had my original copies too with me)

7. Study Plan

11. Study permit form.

13. Passport photo

(After I left the application I realized I had recieved an email that confirmed my application and a tracking number to track the process)

At the time I applied the average processing time was 6 weeks but moved to 7 weeks the week after.

So for weeks tracked my document with tracking number which gave me the same response every time ,that my documents had been delivered to the Canada visa office on 25th September.

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

God is good.

I went back to track my document using the code I was given. It gave me the same response until on the 11th of November then it was updated that my processed passport had been dispatched to the Canada visa application Centre.

I didn’t get an email or any update so I called and I was told i could pick it up. I picked up my passport on 13th November.

I just pray that God’s Grace will be abundant on everyone else applying to further their education in Canada In Jesus Name.Amen.

Wow happy for you, please am about to reapply again for the second time .can I have your number please? Mine is 0558158913 please hi me on WhatsApp

Reactions: Naagh1

PRINCEKK12

Apr 13, 2019
Please can your contact, my email address is awuahkarikari12@gmail.com. I am planning on applying again by next week as I have already been rejected twice. I have to report to my school on the first week of January. Again I'm happy for you and have a blessed stay in Canada

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted,

7. Study Plan

11. Study permit form.

13. Passport photo

God is good.

How much did you show in your husbands account?

swanzy_d

Dec 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted,

7. Study Plan

11. Study permit form.

13. Passport photo

God is good.

Hi everyone,

I submitted,

7. Study Plan

11. Study permit form.

13. Passport photo

God is good.

Hello Nanagh1,
Please let me have your contact or email. I need to discuss a few issues. Mine is swanzy_d@yahoo.com.
I applied for my student permit online on October 4, did my biometric on October 8, which was updated same day. Since then, there have been no update on my account. I used the webform to enquire about my application but I only got a one line response that said my application was under review. I am due to start school in January

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Maame1 and Naagh1

Maame1

Nov 16, 2019
Hello Nanagh1,
Please let me have your contact or email. I need to discuss a few issues. Mine is swanzy_d@yahoo.com.
I applied for my student permit online on October 4, did my biometric on October 8, which was updated same day. Since then, there have been no update on my account. I used the webform to enquire about my application but I only got a one line response that said my application was under review. I am due to start school in January

Thanks

Have you received
Hello Nanagh1,

Thanks

blixdon

Mar 23, 2021
We thank God your Canadian study permit was successful in 2019. Please did you have any travel history before applying for the Canadian study permit?