+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accounting Jobs

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I just graduated with an associate in Financial management and it's been really hard to start a job as a junior accountant, which is an entry-level position. I'm in search of a good accounting recruiter. Can anyone please suggest to me one that's well known to you?
What province are you living in?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I just graduated with an associate in Financial management and it's been really hard to start a job as a junior accountant, which is an entry-level position. I'm in search of a good accounting recruiter. Can anyone please suggest to me one that's well known to you?
Just clarifying that you have a 2 year degree in financial management. You would be competing with so many students that have a bcom or badmin and many that may be a CPA so an associates degree is not a really competitive degree if you want to junior accountant degree in most companies.

Jun 17, 2021
Just clarifying that you have a 2 year degree in financial management. You would be competing with so many students that have a bcom or badmin and many that may be a CPA so an associates degree is not a really competitive degree if you want to junior accountant degree in most companies.
Ok. I'm planning to go for CPA. But now I really need a job for my expenses that's why I'm searching for one. All I know is accounting.

Jun 17, 2021
Thank you so much for your all valuable suggestions and concerns. It means a lot to me. Now a job is important to me. One of my dad's friends connected me with an accounting recruiter who is known for him. When I contacted them, they told me that with my qualifications I could go for bookkeeping jobs. For that, they will give some training. So I'm planning to go for it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your all valuable suggestions and concerns. It means a lot to me. Now a job is important to me. One of my dad's friends connected me with an accounting recruiter who is known for him. When I contacted them, they told me that with my qualifications I could go for bookkeeping jobs. For that, they will give some training. So I'm planning to go for it.
Stay away from all recruiters. Job is almost 100% guaranteed to be a scam and fake.

It doesn't make sense for a recruiter to be giving you training. My guess is that they will charge you a fee for the training but then you'll end up with no job. That's how these situations almost always work.

If you really want to try to get a job in Canada, apply directly with employers. Again, stay away from consultants / agents / recruiters.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that given your qualification you won’t qualify for most accounting jobs and should be looking at book keeping or general administration jobs.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi. I'm working with KPMG in audit, as assistant manager in Australia. I have an ACA from ICAEW. Do I need to take a CPA if I come to Canada? Will companies hire if I apply with ACA? And how is the pay in Canada for accountants? I've heard it's lower than in Australia. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I'm working with KPMG in audit, as assistant manager in Australia. I have an ACA from ICAEW. Do I need to take a CPA if I come to Canada? Will companies hire if I apply with ACA? And how is the pay in Canada for accountants? I've heard it's lower than in Australia. Appreciate any advice. Thanks
You'll want to get a CPA.

I can't comment on salary differences.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I checked the CPA website, and it says ACAs are eligible to obtain CPA membership through an agreement between the bodies. But if one wants to practise public accounting, then there are some exams that one has to complete and audit work experience.

So, my question is, what if I'm looking to go into industry and not audit? Is it necessary to take the exams? Is it enough to just obtain CPA membership without the right to practice public accounting? And if it's just a conversion to CPA membership, would it make a difference to my job prospects since employers will know it's just a membership without fulfilling any exams?
Hope someone can advice. Thanks

Feb 15, 2022
Canada
Hi
Does anyone know which is better to get a job in Canada - the CPA or ACCA? Or are there better alternatives to these? And which gives a wider range of options
There are many other options other than CPA and ACCA. Accounting is a vast field. Getting a job might differ unless you have the required skill or energy for it. Applying to a job and getting recruited for accounting might also become somewhat harder at a certain point. Ensure that you research well and prepare for what's to come.