+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accounting/Finance/Investment Jobs (CPA/CA/CGA/CFA)

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
I landed in Canada and currently in NS and looking for job opportunities. Must have sent my resumes to 15 job ads but no response. Is Canadian Experience being the barrier. I initially thought prior arrival that I would land a position easily with any employer.
I have CPA, CGA, ACCA, DipIFR (ACCA/UK), MCSI (UK) and CFA L3 Candidate with over 6 years of foreign work experience.
Anyone who is already in Canada working in this field, please response how is the job market outlook and possible compensation for a person like me and the appropriate city to relocate if need be.

Regards,
eecandidate

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
15 resumes? You ve gotta be kidding me right? That is really nothing man. You need to send hundreds of custom tailored resumes to secure 1 or 2 interviews.

The only designation that can help you is your CFA lvl 3 if you can complete it. And try to get Canadian CPA (from any province) if you can.

Everybody in this forum always says hard work, resilience and so on. The reality is it takes more than just hard work.

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Is it just NS or across the entire Canada? Toronto or Montreal seems to be best fit for these Jobs. I myself have the same level of qualification and experience and thinking whether to apply for Pr or stay in the UK.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can start by reading this

https://www.roberthalf.ca/sites/roberthalf.ca/files/rh-pdfs/atfamr_0915_iapdf_sg2016_can_eng.pdf

Try to send them your resume, if they are interested in it, it is a good sign, of they are not, bad sign

For PR, it doesn't hurt to apply, whether you want to stay permanently or not after you get your PR, it is your choice

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
eecandidate said:
I landed in Canada and currently in NS and looking for job opportunities. Must have sent my resumes to 15 job ads but no response. Is Canadian Experience being the barrier. I initially thought prior arrival that I would land a position easily with any employer.
I have CPA, CGA, ACCA, DipIFR (ACCA/UK), MCSI (UK) and CFA L3 Candidate with over 6 years of foreign work experience.
Anyone who is already in Canada working in this field, please response how is the job market outlook and possible compensation for a person like me and the appropriate city to relocate if need be.

Regards,
eecandidate
@ ee CANDIDATE,
LETS HOOK UP ON PHONE IM IN NS TOO. I SENT YOU A PM
JIJI IRAWO

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Hansdza said:
15 resumes? You ve gotta be kidding me right? That is really nothing man. You need to send hundreds of custom tailored resumes to secure 1 or 2 interviews.

The only designation that can help you is your CFA lvl 3 if you can complete it. And try to get Canadian CPA (from any province) if you can.

Everybody in this forum always says hard work, resilience and so on. The reality is it takes more than just hard work.
I have CPA from NS. Yes I need to send more and have patience. However the market isnt easy to crack even with designations. The Canadian Exp is what employees always want.

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Hansdza said:
You can start by reading this

https://www.roberthalf.ca/sites/roberthalf.ca/files/rh-pdfs/atfamr_0915_iapdf_sg2016_can_eng.pdf

Try to send them your resume, if they are interested in it, it is a good sign, of they are not, bad sign

For PR, it doesn't hurt to apply, whether you want to stay permanently or not after you get your PR, it is your choice
Thanks for sharing the link. I saw CPA, CFA jobs are excellent paying but only if we have them lol
Will try out to reach to them
cheers