+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

accompanying spouse is a doctor

rob8055

Nov 8, 2017
Hello guys and gals,
Been reading through these awesome forum, but unfortunately dont have a definite answer for one of my questions.
I am preparing to for the credential assessment (me being the primary applicant) and planing to opt out for WES. However my wife is a doctor and I know the general consensus is she has to go through physiciansapply but someone mentions that if a doctor is the accompanying spouse, then it is not a problem if WES is used instead. Anyone has definite proof or experience that this works? I am preparing for entering the pool and I could do without the hassle going through MCC. I understand those who say that MCC is the only way but I came to realise that this is not a clear cut since there are many conflicting views on this matter. So, has anyone actually received and ITA with his/her doctor spouse ECA from WES?
Thanks!

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
I don't know the answer to your question but w hy don't you drop an email to WES and ask. This way you will be 100% sure.

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
If assessment of her credentials are going to give you a higher score, it might be better to do it through MCC. However, you can also clarify from WES/MCC/CIC

rob8055

Nov 8, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys. I already sent WES an email when I asked for my qualifications and their reply was a standard one. Basically what I had read on their website and nothing specific to my question. And yes, my wife's credentials contribute to a higher score but MCC takes painstakingly long and not exactly cheap either. What sparked me to answer this question is that a forum member said he had gone via WES route but I dont know the outcome of this choice. Meaning, if it is OK when receiving an ITA. I might create a profile anyway and wait for the credentials to be assessed by MCC but it might take too long and might potentially miss a lucky draw (had i used WES for instance). Oh well, life is not always simple so why migrating to Canada should be :)
Keeping hopes high for all the wonderful people on this forum. :)