+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying spouse and funds

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I am in the EE pool with an unaccompanied spouse. I have received the NOI. I want to change my spouse to accompanying. I know that i can change it in EE after receiving the nomination 600 points and before ITA but my question is do i have to mention this change when i submit my OINP application? (before getting the nomination).
Also, I am a CEC candidate employed full-time in Canada, do i need to show proof of funds or the employment letter enough? If i need to show, then how much with an accompanied spouse

Thank you

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If you want to make that change you have to change it with the provincial office first. They will reissue the certificate with your spouse as accompanying, IRCC will get that info eventually. Lets clear something up, are you doing a CEC or OINP application??? Those are two different programs which have different funding requirements.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
If you want to make that change you have to change it with the provincial office first. They will reissue the certificate with your spouse as accompanying, IRCC will get that info eventually. Lets clear something up, are you doing a CEC or OINP application??? Those are two different programs which have different funding requirements.
i am doing human capital Stream of OINP and in there i selected CEC

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If you receive the ITA under CEC, then proof of funds is not necessary. I am not sure if POF is needed when you add her to your nomination, that's something the provincial office would decide. But for the federal PR application no POF is needed for CEC.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
If you receive the ITA under CEC, then proof of funds is not necessary. I am not sure if POF is needed when you add her to your nomination, that's something the provincial office would decide. But for the federal PR application no POF is needed for CEC.
I have not yet received ITA. I have only received NOI from Ontario. When i created my account there, i was asked if i am applying under CEC or FSW so i choose CEC. My question is in the OINP application do i need to mention if i am accompanying spouse or should i just update my EE profile to accompany spouse after i receive the 600 points?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have not yet received ITA. I have only received NOI from Ontario. When i created my account there, i was asked if i am applying under CEC or FSW so i choose CEC. My question is in the OINP application do i need to mention if i am accompanying spouse or should i just update my EE profile to accompany spouse after i receive the 600 points?
You are confusing the programs.

If you are applying with an OINP nomination to get the 600 points, then you are not going to be a CEC applicant. You will be PNP.

Reactions: Chasechs

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
You are confusing the programs.

If you are applying with an OINP nomination to get the 600 points, then you are not going to be a CEC applicant. You will be PNP.
In my e-file account, it asked me to select the stream under which i am applying and since i received the NOI under human capital stream, i selected that. After that it asked me if i am CEC or FSW so i selected CEC. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
@fq786 is confusing the two programs. When I checked the OINP website and look at the requirement under the human capital priorities stream.

".....Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
It gives foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario....."

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream

This nomination stream operates like a CEC stream but on the provincial level. However, for the federal application for PR, you will be applying under the PNP express entry stream with the 600 points. NOT the CEC express entry stream.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Yes i agree to that
@fq786 is confusing the two programs. When I checked the OINP website and look at the requirement under the human capital priorities stream.

".....Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
It gives foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario....."

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream

This nomination stream operates like a CEC stream but on the provincial level. However, for the federal application for PR, you will be applying under the PNP express entry stream with the 600 points. NOT the CEC express entry stream.
Yes i agree that in the EE after receiving the 600 points i would be a PNP candidate. What i meant was that i am a CEC in the human capital stream. Thanks for clarifying
Can you please guide me on adding spouse as accompanying? Currently i dont have spouse as accompanying in my EE profile but i want to add. Should i submit oinp as nonaccompanying and once I receive 600 points then I should change spouse to accompanying before ITA? How do you suggest?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Yes i agree to that

Yes i agree that in the EE after receiving the 600 points i would be a PNP candidate. What i meant was that i am a CEC in the human capital stream. Thanks for clarifying
Can you please guide me on adding spouse as accompanying? Currently i dont have spouse as accompanying in my EE profile but i want to add. Should i submit oinp as nonaccompanying and once I receive 600 points then I should change spouse to accompanying before ITA? How do you suggest?
I gave you the suggestion above, inform the OINP of the status change for your wife, they may have to give you another certificate with your wife attached to it. Start by informing OINP and they will guide you from there.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I gave you the suggestion above, inform the OINP of the status change for your wife, they may have to give you another certificate with your wife attached to it. Start by informing OINP and they will guide you from there.
If i contact OINP to include my spouse, are they going to recalculate the CRS score ? Does that have any effect on the NOI that i have received? Can they retract it?

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Mate, just search "oinp nomination letter" on Google and see the letter people posted, where do you find spouse information on that letter??
Please don't spread fear mate.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Fear is good. Fear, will keep you from making mistakes on the application. Like googling random images on the internet. To avoid any errors or misrepresentation, you must inform the provincial office of the status change. The provincial office may or may not issue another certificate but they should be informed of this material change.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If i contact OINP to include my spouse, are they going to recalculate the CRS score ? Does that have any effect on the NOI that i have received? Can they retract it?
Based on what I have read in other forums, they would record the spousal change but not necessarily recalculate the qualification score. This is all to ensure your nomination certificate matches your EE profile. Again, contact the OINP office and get more information.

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Fear is good. Fear, will keep you from making mistakes on the application. Like googling random images on the internet. To avoid any errors or misrepresentation, you must inform the provincial office of the status change. The provincial office may or may not issue another certificate but they should be informed of this material change.
Mate,

If your family status change, that means you either married, divorced, or widowed...
That is really not the case.
Your family status determines your proof of funds, medical check requirement and so on.

Spouse accompanying or not is more a private matter rather than your status.
It won't affect anything besides yoru CRS score.
You still need that amount of fund no matter your spouse accompany or not.
Your spouse still need to go through medical chekc even no accompanying.
SO....
Your family plan can change any time due to the circumstance.