+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanied items evaluation - Stamped Jewellery

shakoor1004

Jul 22, 2011
I came to Calgary mid Jun and got stamped on accompanied & list to follow items including Jewelley (2 rings, 2 earrings and 6 bangles as accompanied jewellery with picture) at the Calgary Airport Customs.

I am told to get it eveluated in some authorised calgary Jewellary shop otherwise could be a problem when I return.

My question is it necessary to get evaluated as I already have decleared and have stamped proof? If it is a must, where is the most economic place for evaluation.

Thanks

A.Shakoor

pthuruthy

Mar 3, 2010
Friends,

Can anyone advice us on the below matter concerning carrying Jewellery to Canada?

After getting our PR, we entered Canada in June 2010 and stayed there for a week only. Now we are going back to live there in a week's time. We need to carry some amount of gold jewellery which we have collected over several years outside Canada. Can we bring them in without paying any tax in Canada? What is the formality involved? we may not be able to get pricing of all these items.

Appreciate your help

Philip

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pthuruthy said:
Friends,

Can anyone advice us on the below matter concerning carrying Jewellery to Canada?

After getting our PR, we entered Canada in June 2010 and stayed there for a week only. Now we are going back to live there in a week's time. We need to carry some amount of gold jewellery which we have collected over several years outside Canada. Can we bring them in without paying any tax in Canada? What is the formality involved? we may not be able to get pricing of all these items.

Appreciate your help

Philip
When you landed you should have completed the goods to follow list, did you?