+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accommodation and Life Experience Sharing in Saskatoon SK for Landed Immigrants

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Scam Alert - Never, ever send money to anyone before you meet them in person. This is a very common scam, happens all the time in the US with international students.

No legit landlord will ask for a deposit before you meet them. And Moneygram?? NOPE

maxman

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
London / Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
25-09-2015
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Nomination.....
28-04-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
not required
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017, Medical passed on 4th July 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
waiting
Dear Friends,

I got my own story regarding scam to share with you during the time I am looking for rent of apartment in Saskatoon yesterday.

I contacted a gentleman on Kijiji (KEN POLAS, 4402032903159) who has a 2 bedroom condo fully furnished just in the downtown with a price of 825 CAD$ ea month (including all cost of power, parking, heat, internet cable...). He said he is now in UK and pursues a 5 year project there so the condo suite is available for rent and this is the first time he rents in life.

He wrote everything in details and showed helpful manner with immediate responses. I am ok to rent his apartment with the monthly payment of 825 CAD$ but want to clarify more about his evidence of suite owner, draft contract,... (he did not give a feedback except transaction and payment) and he proposed the transaction should be through www.PrimeLocation.com as an escrow agent.

He asked me to money gram 1300 CAD$ (first month lease plus damage deposit) to ANOTHER man (KEVIN ZENAS, PrimeLocation agent's name) for this transaction before the escrow can express courier with apartment keys and rental contract to my country!.

Some doubts/weirdness arised in me for:

1. why he (currently in UK and I called him too with UK number, his accent is not of Canadian or British, appeared to be very busy...) did not clarify what I was asking for, no sending the draft contract (including what were for the deal),..
2. repeatedly asking me about money transfer by Money Gram (showed me many locations of Money Gram in my living area)
3. why not wire transfer to a legal entity but I was asked to do so to another man.

I insisted what I was asking before by giving me the draft contract for legal review coming with his evidence of the suite owner. He could not provide them finally and said the contract was same of template issued by SK.

I also said I was the one who set the rule during the rent as I pay and I want to see what I want before I pay. He said do not set the rule on his place!

At this stage, I knew he is "abnormal" lessor and this is probably a scam. I googled and found out there were many stories like this reported to police for investigation.

I wrote to warn him with a very strong message and he disappeared since then without tracks. :eek:

So the rules here are:

1. clarify anything you want before closing the deal;
2. comment/review the contract before finalizing it/deal;
3. bank transfer to the account agreed (company account, invoice issued...)
4. we pay the rent we have the power to deal.
5. think again before we pay EVEN 5 points above fully satisfied....

Please pay ATTENTION!!!!!!!
Hello KittYLoveCaD,

Thanks for your post and quite interesting !! are you currently settled down in Saskatoon? how did you go about finding good accommodation on your arrival? I am planning to land by coming months, would appreciate if you could advise good area and the way to get right accommodation. Please send your details through PM.

thanks

maxman

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
London / Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
25-09-2015
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Nomination.....
28-04-2016
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
not required
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017, Medical passed on 4th July 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
waiting
We have a WhatsApp Group of families landing in / landed in Saskatchewan. PM me your cell number and I'll get you added in. A lot of useful information is being discussed.

We also have a FB Group facebook.com/groups/927330150691728 that you can join.

Cheers.
Hello Hot2Cold,

Can you add my number to the WhatsApp group +968-96789036

thanks