Accommodation and Life Experience Sharing in Saskatoon SK for Landed Immigrants

KittYLoveCaD

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Lived in SK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

We are going to arrive in Saskatoon (to be landed in Vancouver) in July 2016 and anyone can share information regarding the rent of condo (East/North area) and S'toon life experience after the landing?

We are of three, prefer 2 bedroom condo in the said areas. Lease first 6 month with an extension option, rates around 700-850/month.

I am working with some leasing agents... But your advice should be appreciated.

Thanks

KittYLoveCaD

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Lived in SK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
You can check kijiji.ca, rentfaster.ca, mainstreet, boardwalk.
Thank you and I appreciate SK landed immigrants to share any experience in this city. Any word can be worthy.... ;D :D

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
I am also interested to know life in SK.

Need to rent 2 bed room place. (couple+2 year child)

The mentioned websites are helpful. Any SK landed, share his/her experience.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
KittYLoveCaD said:
Dear Friends,

We are going to arrive in Saskatoon (to be landed in Vancouver) in July 2016 and anyone can share information regarding the rent of condo (East/North area) and S'toon life experience after the landing?

We are of three, prefer 2 bedroom condo in the said areas. Lease first 6 month with an extension option, rates around 700-850/month.

I am working with some leasing agents... But your advice should be appreciated.

Thanks
We have a WhatsApp Group of families landing in / landed in Saskatchewan. PM me your cell number and I'll get you added in. A lot of useful information is being discussed.

We also have a FB Group facebook.com/groups/927330150691728 that you can join.

Cheers.

Reactions: teslims

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2cold, please add me Sathya - +91 9900108649, and Hamsa - 91 9538368031
We had received SK nomination, and planning to move in to Regina or Saskatoon after we receive PR, perhaps in next couple of months..

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
mkmishra said:
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO LAND in EDMONTON AND LOOKING FOR REASONABLE RENT & ALL AMENITIES INCLUDED ACCOMMODATION, please contact me.
Bright, spacious 2 bedrooms (1 bed room, 1 den) + LIVING ROOM, 1 full bathroom +kitchen in BASEMENT

 Separate private entrance

 Walkout to HUGE backyard with full access

 Walking distance to MARKET and steps to bus stop, BANK, GROCERY STORE, SCHOOL

 2 parking spots on driveway

 No pets and no smoking inside

 Hardwood Flooring

Available FROM JUly1, 2016

Required: 6 MONTHS LEASE

EXTRA SERVICE PROVIDED.
- Help you to be familiar with city resources,
- Help to open bank account, provide mailing address
- Connect you with local communities
- Support to connect with local job agencies
How far is this from Downtown Saskatoon? Can I walk? Is there a bus service to Downtown from this place?

junexna

Aug 22, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
Nomination.....
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016 Passed
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
waiting; we got it!
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Time
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi

Could you add me to the whatsapp group? +6597215967
Thanks!

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
junexna said:
Hi

Could you add me to the whatsapp group? +6597215967
Thanks!
Could you add me too the watsapp group +6590604640?

KittYLoveCaD

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Lived in SK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I got my own story regarding scam to share with you during the time I am looking for rent of apartment in Saskatoon yesterday.

I contacted a gentleman on Kijiji (KEN POLAS, 4402032903159) who has a 2 bedroom condo fully furnished just in the downtown with a price of 825 CAD$ ea month (including all cost of power, parking, heat, internet cable...). He said he is now in UK and pursues a 5 year project there so the condo suite is available for rent and this is the first time he rents in life.

He wrote everything in details and showed helpful manner with immediate responses. I am ok to rent his apartment with the monthly payment of 825 CAD$ but want to clarify more about his evidence of suite owner, draft contract,... (he did not give a feedback except transaction and payment) and he proposed the transaction should be through www.PrimeLocation.com as an escrow agent.

He asked me to money gram 1300 CAD$ (first month lease plus damage deposit) to ANOTHER man (KEVIN ZENAS, PrimeLocation agent's name) for this transaction before the escrow can express courier with apartment keys and rental contract to my country!.

Some doubts/weirdness arised in me for:

1. why he (currently in UK and I called him too with UK number, his accent is not of Canadian or British, appeared to be very busy...) did not clarify what I was asking for, no sending the draft contract (including what were for the deal),..
2. repeatedly asking me about money transfer by Money Gram (showed me many locations of Money Gram in my living area)
3. why not wire transfer to a legal entity but I was asked to do so to another man.

I insisted what I was asking before by giving me the draft contract for legal review coming with his evidence of the suite owner. He could not provide them finally and said the contract was same of template issued by SK.

I also said I was the one who set the rule during the rent as I pay and I want to see what I want before I pay. He said do not set the rule on his place!

At this stage, I knew he is "abnormal" lessor and this is probably a scam. I googled and found out there were many stories like this reported to police for investigation.

I wrote to warn him with a very strong message and he disappeared since then without tracks. :eek:

So the rules here are:

1. clarify anything you want before closing the deal;
2. comment/review the contract before finalizing it/deal;
3. bank transfer to the account agreed (company account, invoice issued...)
4. we pay the rent we have the power to deal.
5. think again before we pay EVEN 5 points above fully satisfied....

Please pay ATTENTION!!!!!!!

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KittYLoveCaD said:
Dear Friends,

I got my own story regarding scam to share with you during the time I am looking for rent of apartment in Saskatoon yesterday.

I contacted a gentleman on Kijiji (KEN POLAS, 4402032903159) who has a 2 bedroom condo fully furnished just in the downtown with a price of 825 CAD$ ea month (including all cost of power, parking, heat, internet cable...). He said he is now in UK and pursues a 5 year project there so the condo suite is available for rent and this is the first time he rents in life.

He wrote everything in details and showed helpful manner with immediate responses. I am ok to rent his apartment with the monthly payment of 825 CAD$ but want to clarify more about his evidence of suite owner, draft contract,... (he did not give a feedback except transaction and payment) and he proposed the transaction should be through www.PrimeLocation.com as an escrow agent.

He asked me to money gram 1300 CAD$ (first month lease plus damage deposit) to ANOTHER man (KEVIN ZENAS, PrimeLocation agent's name) for this transaction before the escrow can express courier with apartment keys and rental contract to my country!.

Some doubts/weirdness arised in me for:

1. why he (currently in UK and I called him too with UK number, his accent is not of Canadian or British, appeared to be very busy...) did not clarify what I was asking for, no sending the draft contract (including what were for the deal),..
2. repeatedly asking me about money transfer by Money Gram (showed me many locations of Money Gram in my living area)
3. why not wire transfer to a legal entity but I was asked to do so to another man.

I insisted what I was asking before by giving me the draft contract for legal review coming with his evidence of the suite owner. He could not provide them finally and said the contract was same of template issued by SK.

I also said I was the one who set the rule during the rent as I pay and I want to see what I want before I pay. He said do not set the rule on his place!

At this stage, I knew he is "abnormal" lessor and this is probably a scam. I googled and found out there were many stories like this reported to police for investigation.

I wrote to warn him with a very strong message and he disappeared since then without tracks. :eek:

So the rules here are:

Thankyou very much for sharing your story. Will maintain caution against such scams.

avjas3007

Dec 24, 2015
Can you please add me too whats app grp

My number is +91 9871067059

I have received copr yesterday and planning to land in January.

MariannMay

Jul 21, 2016
KittYLoveCaD said:
So the rules here are:

Good advice.

From my experience, most legitimate landlords would want you to come to the condo and talk in person before signing any contract or dealing with money. In any case NEVER pay them any money before you sign the paperwork.

The safest strategy is to find inexpensive hotel or hostel to stay for the first week. This way you can come see the place and the person and if there is something fishy, you won't end up on the street without options.