+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidentaly entered wrong info on Application

nix22g

Jul 26, 2013
hey, I passed my application for a study permit 3 weeks ago and i checked my application form on my computer and i saw that i accidentaly placed the wrong info on the "country of residence" section. insted of UAE i placed USA... i applied and uae and have documents that would prove that i actually reside in UAE.... would this affect my application and what should i do?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
You have two options wither sit still,do nothing or you can email CHC about this error of yours.

nix22g

Jul 26, 2013
dipta said:
You have two options wither sit still,do nothing or you can email CHC about this error of yours.
what's their e-mail address? i only found out now and its been 3 weeks ...:( i couldve sent an email if i found out like right after i sent my application.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
This is the email address of UAE abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

you can also use case specific query: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi

nix22g

Jul 26, 2013
dipta said:
This is the email address of UAE abu-dhabi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

you can also use case specific query:dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi
THANKS A LOT! :)

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
i had entered my booklet number in place of passport number by mistake but when i emailed Islamabad office they rectified the mistake so i guess u should email them

nithin5a6

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi - VFS Hyd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Photocopy Sent - IELTS SCORE: 7.0
File Transfer...
Handed over to VFS HYD on 24-06-2013
Med's Request
Pre-Medicals
Med's Done....
24 July
Interview........
Was not required
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
21 Aug 2013 :)
nix22g said:
hey, I passed my application for a study permit 3 weeks ago and i checked my application form on my computer and i saw that i accidentaly placed the wrong info on the "country of residence" section. insted of UAE i placed USA... i applied and uae and have documents that would prove that i actually reside in UAE.... would this affect my application and what should i do?
Do NOT panic. Do email them! That should do it..

Mistakes happen dude. But, make sure that you contact the CHC, ASAP.
I hope they can help you with that right away!!

Nads

Jul 25, 2013
nix22g said:
Keep Calm and Don't worry!
It is considered to be minor mistake. From the application send and all documents attached they would know you are in UAE (Common sense)
Good Luck!

MaazAwan

Jan 8, 2013
Nothing to worry about.i entered wrong passport issue date in study permit form...I even did not bother to email to CHC Isb.I have got my visa last week.

these clerical mistakes are human errors and did not effect your application.
If Canadians want to give you Visa.They will give you... no matter how much mistakes in your file. I have also minor name change in my passport and educational documents.

they even don't raise this issue.So take a chill pill...If you are genuine student and they think that you are good for hier country's economy ...THEY WILL ISSUE YOU VISA.JUST PRAY HARD TO ALLAH.

ceeoa23

Oct 14, 2017
me too...i entered wrong country for my residence and mailing address by mistake..instead of philippines,i have mistakenly put peru...
they have already sent me a request for medical...
what should i do to rectify this mistake of mine??

krish_trovert

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
mine was under EMPLOYMENT HISTORY,

After 9 days since I submitted my online application, I was browsing my student visa files and I noticed I put "Philippines" on my employer's address, instead of Saudi Arabia!

I am so down right now... I worked hard on this app (DIY), I checked all my details multiple times BUT THEN I still committed error. :(:(:(

The thing is, I filled and printed my form initially on October 31, I noticed I committed the same error as above and corrected it. Fast forward to Nov. 8, I changed my form since I want to update the date and funds available for my stay, I cleared the form then fill it all over again, little did I know that I keep on committing the same mistake with the address of my employers! :(:(:( (Probably because almost all the address I have filled was my province/country, like education, address of parents/siblings etc.

I attached under Client Information my Employment Certificate from my current Employer (there was a complete address on the letterhead), I have bank statement with payroll deposits and even payslips attached under Proof of Means of Financial Support which proves that my employer was indeed located in Saudi Arabia.

I hope this is also a "minor mistake" and will be considered by the VO.