+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidentally applied visitor record Urgent help please!!!!

nidhi_2632

Jan 17, 2018
I have accidentally applied for visitor record instead of applying TRV. My visitor record got approved on May 12, 2023 and is valid till May 2024. I am currently on post graduate work permit which is valid till December 2024.

My concern is that it is my work permit invalid now. What can i do to be remain on work-permit. I wanted to apply for TRV but applied visitor record.

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have accidentally applied for visitor record instead of applying TRV. My visitor record got approved on May 12, 2023 and is valid till May 2024. I am currently on post graduate work permit which is valid till December 2024.

My concern is that it is my work permit invalid now. What can i do to be remain on work-permit. I wanted to apply for TRV but applied visitor record.
Are you inside Canada?

Akshay1212

Jul 4, 2023

Hi Nidhi,

I have a similar situation. Was your pgwp impacted? Do we need to raise web forms to inform ircc regarding the issue and get update with the same application or do we need to raise a new trv?
Please reply. TIA

nidhi_2632

Jan 17, 2018
Hi Nidhi,

I have a similar situation. Was your pgwp impacted? Do we need to raise web forms to inform ircc regarding the issue and get update with the same application or do we need to raise a new trv?
Please reply. TIA
Hi akshay,
I have sent a webform for a safer side, then i called ircc they told me not to worry and apply new trv instead. I have applied new trv and got approved. Now i have both. I doesn’t impact pgwp.

Reactions: Akshay1212

John243112

Aug 29, 2023
Hi akshay,
I have sent a webform for a safer side, then i called ircc they told me not to worry and apply new trv instead. I have applied new trv and got approved. Now i have both. I doesn’t impact pgwp.
Hi there i’m in the same situation. did the officer say anything about submitting a web form? I don’t want to pay again, as in my case i got the letter for sending my passport for the TRV but my wife’s got a visitors record, is it possible they change the letter from their end?

nidhi_2632

Jan 17, 2018
Hi there i’m in the same situation. did the officer say anything about submitting a web form? I don’t want to pay again, as in my case i got the letter for sending my passport for the TRV but my wife’s got a visitors record, is it possible they change the letter from their end?
Hello john,
Unfortunately, the letter cannot be changed, even i have asked this same question to the officer. They advised me to file a new application for TRV and have to pay the processing fee again.

sid42

Dec 28, 2022
Hi akshay,
Hi Nidhi, how did you call IRCC? Do they have a helpline?