+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepting ita while processing work permit

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
My husband and I are traveling to Canada this weekend to settle as workers. His company received a positive LMIA and we are applying for work permits at the poe. With a positive LMIA, our points in our EE profile went to 480. If we were to receive an ita before applying for work permit, does this affect anything?

Also, if we receive a permit after accepting ita, do we still have to show proof of funds? Having a valid job offer and authorization to work in Canada would exempt us from that but I wasn’t sure if we would be locked in at time of ita (before getting the permit). Making a large move has used up some savings so I am under the amount I would need now. Any insight?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
You are not settling. You are temporary workers, at least for the current stage.

You need to submit your EE application before you get your work permit if you want to safely claim the points of the valid job offer with your fresh new LMIA file. If you submit it after you get the work permit and start working, there are additional conditions to be met to claim the 50 points in the system. See here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

POF is depending on whether IRCC recognizes the offer as a valid job offer. I won't risk it if I can give POF from a bank.