+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted!! I have a couple of questions!

MrsLesperance

Jan 15, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I finally received that beautiful email that said - FINAL REQUEST - You have been accepted! Finally after being with my husband for nearly 9 years and married for almost to, we can finally begin our lives together in Canada, like we wanted!

I live in the UK and the email states if you need a visa to enter Canada, please submit your passport - it is a little vague in my side, because I have been there several times in the past 8 years and never needed a visa.

It also has the option if you don't, send paperwork they state you to send to the office here in the London, UK.

Fellow British people :) can you advice me on what you guys did. I prefer to send my passport no matter what, but i don't want it to be the wrong thing to do!

I am so happy and excited!!

P.S: On an unrelated note, how long after you got your visa, did you guys go to Canada? :) so many plans now ahead, I am excited! <3

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
MrsLesperance said:
Hello Everyone!

I finally received that beautiful email that said - FINAL REQUEST - You have been accepted! Finally after being with my husband for nearly 9 years and married for almost to, we can finally begin our lives together in Canada, like we wanted!

I live in the UK and the email states if you need a visa to enter Canada, please submit your passport - it is a little vague in my side, because I have been there several times in the past 8 years and never needed a visa.

It also has the option if you don't, send paperwork they state you to send to the office here in the London, UK.

Fellow British people :) can you advice me on what you guys did. I prefer to send my passport no matter what, but i don't want it to be the wrong thing to do!

I am so happy and excited!!

P.S: On an unrelated note, how long after you got your visa, did you guys go to Canada? :) so many plans now ahead, I am excited! <3
The U.K. Is visa exempt, so you don't need to send your passport. I believe there is some sort of letter you will receive??
We were not from uk, but my husband came from the Dominican Republic the next day after the visa was returned, did not waste any time!

MrsLesperance

Jan 15, 2016
Because of the laws are changing, now visa-exempt countries need an eTA visa to enter (making it not longer visa-exempt?) but the email gives me both choices, no matter what.

I wish that I could travel there as soon as I get my passport back, but i have to quit my job by job laws and make sure that I have everything that I need.

I am just worried about that eTA thing because reading into it now it is making me more confused. I guess I have until December to go to Canada? I don't understand the expiry time either? :( I am so confused. Happy.... and yet very confused

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
MrsLesperance said:
Because of the laws are changing, now visa-exempt countries need an eTA visa to enter (making it not longer visa-exempt?) but the email gives me both choices, no matter what.

I wish that I could travel there as soon as I get my passport back, but i have to quit my job by job laws and make sure that I have everything that I need.

I am just worried about that eTA thing because reading into it now it is making me more confused. I guess I have until December to go to Canada? I don't understand the expiry time either? :( I am so confused. Happy.... and yet very confused
here is the official answer, if you have a COPR and a visa exempt passport you do not need an ETA http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16

Do not by the way confuse ETA with a visa as an ETA is only a permission to board a plane destined for Canada not permission to enter Canada. For example visa exempt passport holders do not need an ETA to enter via a land border

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MrsLesperance said:

Don't send your passport.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
As the others said, don't send your passport, and don't get an ETA.

All you need is the COPR that will come in the mail to whatever your mailing address is. You use that along with your passport when you land in Canada.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Congrats on your decision made!! :)

We got a similar email and I was just wondering...was your application also processed in London, and that you're to send your final documents to the London Visa Application Centre? My partner is from Japan but his application was processed in Ottawa. The email we received, which was just an automatic computer generated email, told us to submit the documents, but that if we are outside Canada to send it to a VAC - one in our area. If we are inside Canada it says to submit to CPC-Ottawa. We are currently in Japan still. I was advised to mail it to Ottawa since that's where it's processed, and also that's what I thought made the most sense...considering the VAC in Japan doesn't handle PR Family sponsorship applications anymore (they usually get sent to Manila but ours went to Ottawa for whatever reason). Did I do the right thing? I am just anxious since its been such a long process and I don't want to make it any longer because of a silly mistake on my part!

MrsLesperance

Jan 15, 2016
kawafam0919 said:
Congrats on your decision made!! :)

We got a similar email and I was just wondering...was your application also processed in London, and that you're to send your final documents to the London Visa Application Centre? My partner is from Japan but his application was processed in Ottawa. The email we received, which was just an automatic computer generated email, told us to submit the documents, but that if we are outside Canada to send it to a VAC - one in our area. If we are inside Canada it says to submit to CPC-Ottawa. We are currently in Japan still. I was advised to mail it to Ottawa since that's where it's processed, and also that's what I thought made the most sense...considering the VAC in Japan doesn't handle PR Family sponsorship applications anymore (they usually get sent to Manila but ours went to Ottawa for whatever reason). Did I do the right thing? I am just anxious since its been such a long process and I don't want to make it any longer because of a silly mistake on my part!
As my husband is still in Canada, we applied Outland and sent both applications together to Mississauga, I thought they would send my PR part to the London office here, but it got processed in CPC-Ottawa, but I have to send my last request, to the office stated on my email here in in London-UK, I would imagine it will be faster that way.

I wish I knew more on your part, but tomorrow first thing in the morning I am sending that last request :) to then wait for my COPR, we are aiming for me to be in Canada by October, for before our 2nd wedding anniversary :)

Good luck! Wish you the best!

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
MrsLesperance said:
As my husband is still in Canada, we applied Outland and sent both applications together to Mississauga, I thought they would send my PR part to the London office here, but it got processed in CPC-Ottawa, but I have to send my last request, to the office stated on my email here in in London-UK, I would imagine it will be faster that way.

I wish I knew more on your part, but tomorrow first thing in the morning I am sending that last request :) to then wait for my COPR, we are aiming for me to be in Canada by October, for before our 2nd wedding anniversary :)

Good luck! Wish you the best!
I wish my email had been more clear...but I'm sure everything will be fine. Maybe I'll call the Japan VAC today to clarify :) Anyways, congrats again on your decision made! :D