+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted by Quebec - want to settle in Alberta

miti

Nov 15, 2012
What would the problems be if trying to land/settle in Alberta instead of Quebec?
thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

miti said:
What would the problems be if trying to land/settle in Alberta instead of Quebec?
thank you
Read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

miti

Nov 15, 2012
Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I am sorry i was not clear - this is not the provincial nominee program, it is the skilled worker program and the afferent immigration process. Coming from Belgium, intending to settle in Calgary.
Much appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miti said:
Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I am sorry i was not clear - this is not the provincial nominee program, it is the skilled worker program and the afferent immigration process. Coming from Belgium, intending to settle in Calgary.
Much appreciated.
Same applies if you applied through Quebec as if you applied through a PNP. You have gone through a provincial immigration program and you signed something saying that you intend to settle in that province. You should land in that province and stay for at least a while. I would recommend more than 6 months. That way, you get your health care and it doesn't look like you planned this all along.

If you land outside Quebec, you can expect that you will be asked if you are going to settle in Quebec. If you say yes and they believe you, they may let you land. If you say yes and they don't believe you, they may hold your PR until you show up at Quebec immigration for an interview and convince them. If you say no, you don't intend to settle, you do not meet the requirements for Quebec skilled worker any more and to not get your PR.

If you land in Quebec and leave right away, it is possible that nothing will happen but for the possibility that immigration starts to check on these things later, for your own good, you should stay at least a few months so it doesn't look like you lied when you landed. Worst case scenario, immigration starts checking on things later, finds that you left Quebec a very short time after landing, accuses you of misrepresentation and you could then lose your PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.