+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted but No Visa Yet?

aloutab

Jan 29, 2016
Hello!

I sponsored my husband in Lebanon for the PRV in October 2015 and the immigration office emailed him about an interview in April 2016. At the end of his interview, the immigration officer told him that they will contact him to come get his Visa in 2 weeks to 2 months. It has now been 2 months and 14 days, so I'm thinking of calling them. Did anyone have the same issue, or does anyone know what we should do?

Thank you!

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
I have similar issue, can anyone tell us how long it should take after interview? why would it would take longer than expected?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
aloutab said:
Hello!

I sponsored my husband in Lebanon for the PRV in October 2015 and the immigration office emailed him about an interview in April 2016. At the end of his interview, the immigration officer told him that they will contact him to come get his Visa in 2 weeks to 2 months. It has now been 2 months and 14 days, so I'm thinking of calling them. Did anyone have the same issue, or does anyone know what we should do?

Thank you!
did the visa officer tell your husband that he was satisfied with your relationship by the time the interview was over? if so, then he has passed eligibility and they are most likely doing background checks. see my response below if you're not sure whether he passed eligibility.

jtannous said:
why would it would take longer than expected?
they're either still not convinced that your relationship is genuine, or the background checks are taking longer than expected. no one here can really tell you what the actual reason is for your case, but we can tell you how you can find out.

1. your quickest option is to have the visitor go to their local MP's office and ask for a status update on the file. go here to find out who your local MP is: http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2. your second option is to order GCMS notes. these can take 30 days to arrive but contain much more detailed info. see here for steps on how to get GCMS notes: https://sites.google.com/site/canpakvisa/home/gcms

my advice would be to go to your local MP first, and if they tell you that you still haven't passed eligibility, then order GCMS notes.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
thanks so much for replying, ill find out after the interview. hopefully they will be satisfied... otherwise what the heck can someone do more than be in love, get married, visit, and communicate day and night? theres not much more i can show them, we live on different continents!

anyways, thank you so much, much appreciated!!!