+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acceptance vs Rejection

habi1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I had a quick question if anyone could help me out. There are approximately 19 days left on my application according to the progress bar, but I still have not gotten the letter for the police check. Does anyone know how long the police check takes? Will they really answer in 19 days? and most importantly does anyone know what the chances of rejection vs acceptance are at this point? Would cases who were to get rejected, would have already been rejected at this point? Is it a positive sign that the application has gone to the very end?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hello everyone, I had a quick question if anyone could help me out. There are approximately 19 days left on my application according to the progress bar, but I still have not gotten the letter for the police check. Does anyone know how long the police check takes? Will they really answer in 19 days? and most importantly does anyone know what the chances of rejection vs acceptance are at this point? Would cases who were to get rejected, would have already been rejected at this point? Is it a positive sign that the application has gone to the very end?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you mean to say that your PR Application is nearing the 6-month period?

Reactions: habi1

habi1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I haven't ordered my GCMS notes.

This is what I have:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I haven't ordered my GCMS notes.

This is what I have:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Its generic, I am not able to infer much from the status, hopefully you should get your PPR soon. Is your Application a normal one or was it complicated in any way, like traveled to many countries in last 10 years etc. Good luck.

habi1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Its generic, I am not able to infer much from the status, hopefully you should get your PPR soon. Is your Application a normal one or was it complicated in any way, like traveled to many countries in last 10 years etc. Good luck.
No I don't think it was complicated, I'm still worried though. And yes, I have been to many countries in the past 10 years but all for tourism. Would that be problematic?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
No I don't think it was complicated, I'm still worried though. And yes, I have been to many countries in the past 10 years but all for tourism. Would that be problematic?
Technically no, I mean its alright to travel. Hopefully its just the holidays that is dragging the App. Anyways hope for the best, good luck.