+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accept or Decline ITA - Seniors please help

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017
CIC gave me points for 2 yrs foreign work experience before I completed it. My score jumped to 432.

Now I recieved ITA . Still have 25 days to complete my 2 yrs of work experience.

Go ahead with eApr or Decline ITA.

Please help!!

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Re: Accept or Decline ITA

DelhiGuy427 said:
CIC gave me points for 2 yrs foreign work experience before I completed it. My score jumped to 432.

Now I recieved ITA . Still have 25 days to complete my 2 yrs of work experience.

Please help!!
Just wait for another 25 days until you complete your experience. Bascially, dont submit your application before a month. Accept ITA. Dont worry you got 90 days to submit your app which is more than enough.

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017

Boviesam said:
Just wait for another 25 days until you complete your experience. Bascially, dont submit your application before a month. Accept ITA. Dont worry you got 90 days to submit your app which is more than enough.
Thank you Boviesam. I will wait till I complete 2yrs of experience and then submit the eApr.

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012

DelhiGuy427 said:

Please help!!
They will look for two things 1. Were you eligible to receive an ITA ie your points based upon the details you provide were above cutoff points 2. Were you eligible at the time of submitting the application for PR.
Are your points with less than two year experience more that 423 the cut-off for last draw?

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017

all_the_best said:
They will look for two things 1. Were you eligible to receive an ITA ie your points based upon the details you provide were above cutoff points 2. Were you eligible at the time of submitting the application for PR.
Are your points with less than two year experience more that 423 the cut-off for last draw?
No. Its less than that

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

look at it the other way using a hypothetical situation:
let's say you get ITA one day before your birthday. Your score is 430 and cutoff is 429.
So you are eligible and your score gets frozen at 430 even though you would have lost 5 points the next day (before you submit the eAPR).
If the draw was one day later, you would have lost 5 points (say), so your score is 425 and you will not be eligible.
Hence it is important to be eligible on the day the draw was made.
the points get frozen on the day of the draw. They cannot go up or down after that irrespective of when you submit the eAPR.
hope this helps.
you must decline and wait out the 25 days.

nerd.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

nerd said:
look at it the other way using a hypothetical situation:
let's say you get ITA one day before your birthday. Your score is 430 and cutoff is 429.
So you are eligible and your score gets frozen at 430 even though you would have lost 5 points the next day (before you submit the eAPR).
If the draw was one day later, you would have lost 5 points (say), so your score is 425 and you will not be eligible.
Hence it is important to be eligible on the day the draw was made.
the points get frozen on the day of the draw. They cannot go up or down after that irrespective of when you submit the eAPR.
hope this helps.

you must decline and wait out the 25 days.

nerd.
The bolded part is incorrect.

Points are NOT frozen on the day of the draw and they CAN go up or down, an applicant's CRS is not only recorded when receiving an ITA but also when submitting the eAPR.

Points do go down after receiving an ITA due to birthdays but there is simply an exemption of refusal for this specific situation when the decrease in points occurs between the ITA and submission of eAPR stages.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

The whole points "get frozen" is a misconception and shows poor understanding on how an application actually gets assessed.

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017

DelPiero07 said:
The bolded part is incorrect.

Points are NOT frozen on the day of the draw and they CAN go up or down, an applicant's CRS is not only recorded when receiving an ITA but also when submitting the eAPR.

Points do go down after receiving an ITA due to birthdays but there is simply an exemption of refusal for this specific situation when the decrease in points occurs between the ITA and submission of eAPR stages.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

The whole points "get frozen" is a misconception and shows poor understanding on how an application actually gets assessed.
I am confused . Should I go forward with application or decline?

OR Is it ok to submit my application once I complete 2yrs of experience.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017

Please go ahead and submit the docs after you complete 2 years. There shouldn't be any issue.

Y2bear

Apr 6, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2017

DelhiGuy427 said:
I am confused . Should I go forward with application or decline?

OR Is it ok to submit my application once I complete 2yrs of experience.
You better decline it and wait for completion of 25 days else they will consider it as a misleading and may reject your application.

In fact better change the years in your profile before the next draw to avoid the same situation, once 25 days are over update it again and get your ITA

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Y2bear said:
You better decline it and wait for completion of 25 days else they will consider it as a misleading and may reject your application.

In fact better change the years in your profile before the next draw to avoid the same situation, once 25 days are over update it again and get your ITA
I dont know of any hard and fast rule regarding this. But thinking logically, what you entered was wrong, you didnt complete 2 years, yet entered so, to gain undeserved points.
So, yes, it could be taken as misrepresentation and reason for rejection.
Better be safe .....

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017

Confused_oldman said:
I dont know of any hard and fast rule regarding this. But thinking logically, what you entered was wrong, you didnt complete 2 years, yet entered so, to gain undeserved points.
So, yes, it could be taken as misrepresentation and reason for rejection.
Better be safe .....
I just provided start and end month for job experience. Which is correct. CIC calculated the points on the basis of month.

I do not calculate my points system does. So there is no way I am misrepresentation .

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017

last_try said:
Please go ahead and submit the docs after you complete 2 years. There shouldn't be any issue.
Thank you. I will wait for till I complete 2yrs to submit my eApr.

Is there any way I can find out how many more rounds of invitation would cic make?