+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accept or Decline ITA? (5th April)

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi,

My current CRS score is 450 and considering today's (5th April) cutoff I have received an ITA. But a couple of days ago I filed for my passport renewal (due to change in address mentioned on my old passport).

Now the problem is that I haven't updated my passport details on my EE profile (since my new passport is still in transit).

Should there be any problem if I file my e-APR considering that I got my ITA on my EE profile which had the details of my old and canceled passport?
Or I can go ahead with my e-APR and submit a copy of my old as well as my new passport?

If it is of any help, I live in India.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
echbee said:
Hi,

My current CRS score is 450 and considering today's (5th April) cutoff I have received an ITA. But a couple of days ago I filed for my passport renewal (due to change in address mentioned on my old passport).

Now the problem is that I haven't updated my passport details on my EE profile (since my new passport is still in transit).

Should there be any problem if I file my e-APR considering that I got my ITA on my EE profile which had the details of my old and canceled passport?
Or I can go ahead with my e-APR and submit a copy of my old as well as my new passport?

I believe it is not a reason to decline ITA. I saw people renewing their passport info after ITA. I also updated my husband`s new passport after ITA, mentioned it in LoE and submitted my eAPR. Let`s wait for others to share their experience

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
No don't decline... well done for getting this far! Wait for the new passport and apply as normal. When you fill in your ITA questionnaire, leave passport number in your originally entered and upload images of both passports, plus any pages with Visas and Markings. Next, write a LOE explaining the above and why this is the case.

Many people get new passports or lose passports for whatever reason during the process... Just make sure you make them aware of the case and explain.

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for your replies.

Waiting for some more experienced members to comment before I finally take a call. Anyone??

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Waiting for some more suggestions from people who have been in the same boat as me. Your help will be much appreciated.

lambhoney

Apr 1, 2017
echbee said:
Hi,

You should accept. My attorney said EE profile can be fine tuned until you submit your PR application. Before then, you are free to update supporting documents and there is 0 risk

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
echbee said:
Hi,

you definitely should accept the ITA. I'll suggest submitting with your old passport and then raising CSE to submit the new one once you have it handy. Also if you are sure your new passport will arrive before the period within which you need to submit your PR application then i'll suggest you wait otherwise submit without the new passport and later provide CIC with an updated copy using CSE web form

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
echbee said:
Thanks for your replies.

Waiting for some more experienced members to comment before I finally take a call. Anyone??
Exact same sitaution with me . New passport because of address change. Mention the new passport number in e-APR and in document upload section upload the scan of the passport pages both old and new. and name the file new and old passport. Naming the file is important as it wll give an idead to the officer that your current passport is different from the one you declared before ITA.

The new passport contains the number of old passport as well against which it was issued. It should not be a problem

I did not write any LOE but i suggest you do.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
comfortablynumb said:
Exact same sitaution with me . New passport because of address change. Mention the new passport number in e-APR and in document upload section upload the scan of the passport pages both old and new. and name the file new and old passport. Naming the file is important as it wll give an idead to the officer that your current passport is different from the one you declared before ITA.

The new passport contains the number of old passport as well against which it was issued. It should not be a problem

I did not write any LOE but i suggest you do.
If you dont wont to go through the trouble you can decline and make changes when you receive the new one. I am only saying this because your score is 450. If it had been below 440 , i would never suggest that you decline the ITA.