+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accelerated Tech Pathway candidates (AINP)

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Today Alberta province announced a new immigration program: "Accelerated Tech Pathway candidates". There are some eligibility requirements. The main requirement is to have a JOB offer from Tech company in Alberta. My question is: can the company issue a JOB offer without LMIA? Since this is a pathway to permanent residency, I do not think that LMIA is necessary. Can the company issue a JOB offer with starting day for example September 2022? Thank you!

Last edited:

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Can anyone explain the eligibility requirements for this program? I have read it several times and still do not understand. Is this program only for people who already have a job in Alberta? Or anyone can apply if he has a Job offer even from abroad? Thank you!

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
They can give you a job offer without LMIA;
You can't start working without LMIA. Basically, you will need positive LMIA for your work permit unless you qualify for some sort of exemption.

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
As I understood for this immigration program you only need a Job offer, and this is a program for getting PR through express entry from Alberta. There is nothing mentioned about LMIA in eligibility requirements.

hasanib92

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
09-02-2022
Anyone here was invited to apply?

Pavithran0706

Feb 6, 2022
As far I understand from the AINP website, the pathway is open to people with both new job offers and working the NOC list of occupations but this raises a question... they have some NAICS code mentioned on the website, do we need a job offer letter from only these industries?

I have a job offer letter from a different industry and waiting to accept the letter if it can help in the AINP process.

amr1tv1rd1

Oct 12, 2020
Under this pathway
1.) Do we need a new job offer from employer if already working with them ?
2.) For new job offer does employer need to have a new LMIA, even if employee is working on closed work permit for same company for more than a year ?

amr1tv1rd1

Oct 12, 2020
Can anyone explain the eligibility requirements for this program? I have read it several times and still do not understand. Is this program only for people who already have a job in Alberta? Or anyone can apply if he has a Job offer even from abroad? Thank you!
I believe its for both

1.) For people already living in Alberta and working for Alberta registered employer.

2.) For people who have job offer from an Alberta employer even if they are abroad.