+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA

Vahan

Sep 7, 2014
Hi everybody I need your advise,

I'm now in the process of creating my profile with Express Entry and have a question regarding my ACCA qualification. I have sent my university diploma to WES and they have evaluated it but I'm also an ACCA affiliate, passed all fundamental exams and got a stardartised international Advanced Diploma in Business and Accounting and wonder how to include this in my profile?

Thank you

Kim83

Jan 15, 2015
Vahan said:

I'm now in the process of creating my profile with Express Entry and have a question regarding my ACCA qualification. I'm an ACCA affiliate, passed all fundamental exams and got an Advanced Diploma in Business and Accounting and wonder how to include this in my profile?

Thank you
I cant exactly remember how I had included in my profile if it was as a professional designation or as a advance diploma, however, you will have to get it access, I did mines through WES, who equated it to a 3 years Bachelor Degree.

I hope that helped.

Nemile

Jan 25, 2015
Vahan said:

I'm now in the process of creating my profile with Express Entry and have a question regarding my ACCA qualification. I have sent my university diploma to WES and they have evaluated it but I'm also an ACCA affiliate, passed all fundamental exams and got a stardartised international Advanced Diploma in Business and Accounting and wonder how to include this in my profile?

Thank you
You should have it assessed. What i did was to send my membership certificate to WES, then i contacted ACCA to send my transcript. Pretty straightforward. Since you are not yet a member, I figure you could send your diploma to WES. Also, since you have already assessed your BSc, u may need to order an upgraded report from WES. When that is ready, you also need to order a duplicate report for CIC.

vin6166

Jul 29, 2015
Kim83 said:
I cant exactly remember how I had included in my profile if it was as a professional designation or as a advance diploma, however, you will have to get it access, I did mines through WES, who equated it to a 3 years Bachelor Degree.

I hope that helped.
hello everyone,

I am also in the same boat as Vahan. I am currently in Vancouver having passed acca exams till f9 and got this Advanced diploma in Accounting and business form ACCA. ( NOT BSc). Now, ACCA says it is equal to bachelors degree in UK but they don`t know about its equaivalency in Canada. Therefore, I am thinking to apply to WES for its recognition but I have no idea what would be outcome. Will it be equal to three years diploma in Canada or not? IF yes, that would help a lot to get points in Express entry for immigration.

Please suggest friends.

Thanks

Tigresswity

Jun 3, 2018
Hello there,

I am an ACCA member with 1 year of post qualification experience and a Bachelor degree. Which NOC should best fit for me?? If I plan to apply with the NOC 1111 (Financial auditors and accountants), Does my pre-qualification experience count for the skilled work experience??

Thanks in advance.

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
Hello there,

I am an ACCA member with 1 year of post qualification experience and a Bachelor degree. Which NOC should best fit for me?? If I plan to apply with the NOC 1111 (Financial auditors and accountants), Does my pre-qualification experience count for the skilled work experience??

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am exactly in the same situation. ACCA member and a bachelor, with 1 year experience. I am planing to apply with NOC 1111. My WES evaluation is in process currently.

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dears,

Do you have any idea regarding the below for creating profile in express entry:

1. What is the End year of education? The date we passed ACCA final exam or the date we became Member?
2. Country of Education? I could not find United Kingdom..
3. Complete academic years? Shall we just calculate from start year till end year?

Please assist.

Ashy

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
Dears,

Do you have any idea regarding the below for creating profile in express entry:

1. What is the End year of education? The date we passed ACCA final exam or the date we became Member?
2. Country of Education? I could not find United Kingdom..
3. Complete academic years? Shall we just calculate from start year till end year?

Please assist.

Ashy
Hi

This is what i have entered. I have not received my ita yet. Still waiting.
1. Membership date
2.England
3.0 years

All the best.

Van Anh

Jul 27, 2018
hello everyone,

I am also in the same boat as Vahan. I am currently in Vancouver having passed acca exams till f9 and got this Advanced diploma in Accounting and business form ACCA. ( NOT BSc). Now, ACCA says it is equal to bachelors degree in UK but they don`t know about its equaivalency in Canada. Therefore, I am thinking to apply to WES for its recognition but I have no idea what would be outcome. Will it be equal to three years diploma in Canada or not? IF yes, that would help a lot to get points in Express entry for immigration.

Please suggest friends.

Thanks
how was Advanced diploma in Accounting and business form ACCA evaluated by WES?

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi

This is what i have entered. I have not received my ita yet. Still waiting.
1. Membership date
2.England
3.0 years

All the best.
Dear Ashok

Have you got Canadian PR? I did this and i hv been asked for England police clearance but i did the course in Bahrain and never been to UK..did u face this situation? Pls pls help

Ashy

varunkrishi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hi All,

I am an ACCA member applying WES assessment. Unfortunately, this is the only qualification that I have and I am hovering around the cut off for the express entry route.

While applying for the WES assessment I may have made a mistake by selecting two certificates for assessment;
1) Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
2) ACCA Membership Certificate

Technically, the Advanced Diploma is considered equivalent to a bachelors degree while completion of the professional papers is equal to a masters degree.

First of all I would like to know if I made a mistake by trying to get both certificates evaluated separately. Secondly, will I be able to apply for the "2 or more" option when filling out CSR?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019
Hi All,

I am an ACCA member applying WES assessment. Unfortunately, this is the only qualification that I have and I am hovering around the cut off for the express entry route.

While applying for the WES assessment I may have made a mistake by selecting two certificates for assessment;
1) Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
2) ACCA Membership Certificate

Technically, the Advanced Diploma is considered equivalent to a bachelors degree while completion of the professional papers is equal to a masters degree.

First of all I would like to know if I made a mistake by trying to get both certificates evaluated separately. Secondly, will I be able to apply for the "2 or more" option when filling out CSR?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun,
How are you doing? I am also a student of ACCA, completed skill level and now pursuing professional level. I am planning to apply Canada PR and trying to evaluate skill level i.e. (Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business). Are you done with your evaluation? I want to know whether advance diploma will be considered as equivalent to a three year bachelors?

varunkrishi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hi Varun,
How are you doing? I am also a student of ACCA, completed skill level and now pursuing professional level. I am planning to apply Canada PR and trying to evaluate skill level i.e. (Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business). Are you done with your evaluation? I want to know whether advance diploma will be considered as equivalent to a three year bachelors?
Hi Bhaskara,

You will, indeed, get a 3 year bachelors degree with just the Advanced Diploma. If you get membership, you will get another 4 year bachelor degree.
I got two degrees since I applied for both so go ahead!

Good luck on your PR journey!

Reactions: Jiejup
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Bhaskara,

You will, indeed, get a 3 year bachelors degree with just the Advanced Diploma. If you get membership, you will get another 4 year bachelor degree.
I got two degrees since I applied for both so go ahead!

Good luck on your PR journey!
Hello Varun,
Thank you so much for taking your time and replying to my query. My doubt was whether skill level is considered as bachelors or not, else I need to wait till i qualify ACCA and then apply for PR. After seeing your post i got more clarity. Actually if I select two or more bachelors then only my CRS score is around 560 which is much required with the present CRS cut off range being 553-558. As I have already done my bachelors in commerce and also completed my ACCA skill level, I believe it will be considered as two bachelors and I can select two or more bachelors while calculating the CRS score. Kindly confirm this and correct me if I am wrong.

varunkrishi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello Varun,
Thank you so much for taking your time and replying to my query. My doubt was whether skill level is considered as bachelors or not, else I need to wait till i qualify ACCA and then apply for PR. After seeing your post i got more clarity. Actually if I select two or more bachelors then only my CRS score is around 560 which is much required with the present CRS cut off range being 553-558. As I have already done my bachelors in commerce and also completed my ACCA skill level, I believe it will be considered as two bachelors and I can select two or more bachelors while calculating the CRS score. Kindly confirm this and correct me if I am wrong.
Hi,

By skills you mean the F level papers? If you have the Advanced Diploma (F1-F9), you will get a 3 year bachelor degree. You do not need to finish ACCA.

Regards,
Varun Krishnan