+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA to CPA transcript question

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Duplicating this thread targeting once who have settled in Canada already and have applied for CPA Canada or have successfully received CPA with ACCA MRA, regarding transcript from a University.

The university that my wife did her Accounting and Finance degree does not mail or email transcript. However, we have attested copies of transcript, degree certificate and a letter from the University certifying the documents in a seal envelope (these envelope and documents are seal and signed by the registrar of the university). My question is instead of sending transcript directly from a University can an applicant send the mentioned seal envelope?
FYI, we got such envelope before we came to Canada which we used successfully to access the transcript and apply school in Canada in the past.

Eilresh

Mar 17, 2016
Based on experience (CPA Ontario):

Yes the applicant can send the university attested transcript directly to CPA Canada as long as it's in a sealed envelope.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013

Yes the applicant can send the university attested transcript directly to CPA Canada as long as it's in a sealed envelope.
Hi one quick question.

Do they need transcript only or transcript plus degree certificate?

mfdurrani

Sep 24, 2019

Hi Eliresh,
Can we try and submit WES equivalency document directly or do we need to send the transcripts only. As in my case i have BCOM (which is 2 years) and MA (Eco.) which is also two years both from Karachi University. So i was not sure if they (CPA ONTARIO) will accept these ?