+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA in WES

rheac200700

Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone,
Im currently an ACCA + OBU student and am interested in applying for a certificate program in Canada however the university has emailed back to me saying they don't accept my ACCA qualification. Will a WES evaluation help me in this case so that I can apply? If yes how much is a ACCA + OBU equivalent to in a WES evaluation? Your help is much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Rhea

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm not sure it would convince them, because if an ECA would be a factor, they would have already checked what the equivalence would have been before making a decision.

The tricky thing with the ACCA is that most Canadian universities recognise your qualification on the basis of credits. Because the ACCA is only 13 papers, even if they were to assign each paper as being equal to a course, it still wouldn't be even half of what a bachelor's degree is equivalent to nor would you have a GPA, which is usually an admission requirement. There's also the fact it's a professional qualification and not an academic one.

If they look at it as let's say the CPA, you would not be able to submit the CPA as a qualification to get into an academic program at a university in general.

What program do you want to get into?

rheac200700

Aug 19, 2020
Financial Planning. Its a post graduate course.
But I remember someone telling me last time that an ACCA + OBU is equivalent to a 4 years bachelors degree?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It is equivalent to a 4 year bachelor's degree for an ECA used for immigration purposes.

But an academic institution doesn't necessarily go by that equivalency.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone,
Im currently an ACCA + OBU student and am interested in applying for a certificate program in Canada however the university has emailed back to me saying they don't accept my ACCA qualification. Will a WES evaluation help me in this case so that I can apply? If yes how much is a ACCA + OBU equivalent to in a WES evaluation? Your help is much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Rhea

Hello,

You can't get in with only ACCA in Canadian Institutions. You will need to have a degree or diploma.

Regards