+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA CPA MRA Info

alizafar24

Apr 10, 2019
Hi All,

I am following this forum for 7 months and I found its members quite helpful. I have an issue which requires your attention. I am currently living in Pakistan and I am applying for Canadian immigration. I am ACCA member and I want to apply for CPA membership under MRA between ACCA and CPA. I have gone through the requirements of the MRA and I found that it requires university degree of 3/4 years. I started studying ACCA after high school at very young age. As of now, I don’t have any university degree and if enrol into any such program then it would take 2-3 years to complete.
I, due to some reason, opted-out of the BSc (Hons.) of Oxford brookes degree at the time of my ACCA Registration although I passed F4 paper before any of the F7,F8 and F9 exams.

I would be grateful if you let me know whether I will be exempt of this degree requirement in this case?

If not then assessment of CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) qualification by WES would count
towards the university degree requirement of MRA?

I have few more questions if you guys please help me.

If neither Exemption nor CAT works then MSc in professional accountancy from university of London offered after ACCA would count as university degree for this MRA?

Lastly, If I skip all these steps and just immigrate to Canada with only ACCA membership and 3/4 years of experience in hand would it be enough to land accounts/audit job in 2 months?

I would be grateful if the veteran members (especially the ones currently residing in Canada) of this forum help me in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Ali

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
I would recommend you to do Msc from University of London. This would most probably fulfill the degree requirement and you can complete it in 6 months time.

Prob

Aug 25, 2018
Hi All,

I am following this forum for 7 months and I found its members quite helpful. I have an issue which requires your attention. I am currently living in Pakistan and I am applying for Canadian immigration. I am ACCA member and I want to apply for CPA membership under MRA between ACCA and CPA. I have gone through the requirements of the MRA and I found that it requires university degree of 3/4 years. I started studying ACCA after high school at very young age. As of now, I don’t have any university degree and if enrol into any such program then it would take 2-3 years to complete.
I, due to some reason, opted-out of the BSc (Hons.) of Oxford brookes degree at the time of my ACCA Registration although I passed F4 paper before any of the F7,F8 and F9 exams.

I would be grateful if you let me know whether I will be exempt of this degree requirement in this case?

If not then assessment of CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) qualification by WES would count
towards the university degree requirement of MRA?

I have few more questions if you guys please help me.

If neither Exemption nor CAT works then MSc in professional accountancy from university of London offered after ACCA would count as university degree for this MRA?

Lastly, If I skip all these steps and just immigrate to Canada with only ACCA membership and 3/4 years of experience in hand would it be enough to land accounts/audit job in 2 months?

I would be grateful if the veteran members (especially the ones currently residing in Canada) of this forum help me in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Ali

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi Ali.
The only option in your scenario is to do Msc from UoL. It can be completed in 6 months and the next session will start in January-2021. You need to be an active ACCA member in order to get admission and to complete it in 6 months requires a lot of effort and discipline. The problem is that the MRA between ACCA and CPA is expiring on 30th April, so the degree won't help you in current situation, however, i am sure in the next MRA they will still have the degree requirement so you will be able to use it then.
As for the job, it really depends on your luck and the type of experience you have.

Prob

Aug 25, 2018
Hi -

Even MBA alone wont work. Basically, the degree requirement will always be there..

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi -

Even MBA alone wont work. Basically, the degree requirement will always be there..
Msc will work if you apply through CPA Ontario. BC needs Bachelors or combination of both Bachelors and Masters. Ontario is somewhat lenient in this regard