30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hi there,

I am thinking of pursuing CPA Canada, my situation is as follows.

1) I have competed all ACCA papers i.e. an ACCA affiliate but NOT a member. (As practical experience requirement is missing)

2) I also have my B.Com from India.

3) I also have completed Masters in Inlt. Accounting from Anglia Ruskin university from UK.

I want to apply for CPA evaluation and want to find out...

1) what sort of exemption am I likely to get ? Please share yourexperience.

2) How long will it take to get an answer back from CPA canada for evaluation ?

3) do they count any accounting related work experience or does it have to be in an accounting firm ?

Thanks.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hi there,

Still waiting to hear from anyone having gone through this route, please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
Hi there,

Because CPA is a new thing in Canada, so I don't think many people will have the experience in the evaluation process, but you can reach out to the provincial body to find out the answers. Researching for the answer/solution to a problem is a mandatory skill for accounting professionals in Canada, so you may want to start developing this skill.

As for your question #3, I believe CPA has lowered their standard on practical experiences required, therefore, you do not necessarily need to work in an accounting firm to acquire the experience. However, as the association has difficulties verifying if your work experiences outside an accounting firm meet the standards for practical experiences, I think they do ask your work experience to be certified by a licensed supervisor. Please note that as I have never worked outside an accounting firm, the above information is not based on my personal experience, hence you may also want to confirm on this with the provincial body.

Additionally, if your work experiences were gained outside of Canada, it may be subject to additional scrutiny.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hello jcgo9355,

Thank you for your reply. I have started my research & will post definite answers once I go though the process to help others.

Thank you again.

gotanvir

May 9, 2019
Hello jcgo9355,

Thank you for your reply. I have started my research & will post definite answers once I go though the process to help others.

Thank you again.
Hey ap_123,

What is your situation now? Have you got the CPA membership in Canada?

jack zeng

May 7, 2019
Hi there,
I'm studying ACCA too.

I don't know which province you are in. For BC, I did asking staff of BC,CPA before. You need to take an online course about canadian law and regulation to transfer. Also, a full member of ACCA is a must to apply. ACCA office will give you an official paper on this transfer.

I'm still an college student in Vancouver now and I think your experiences on transfer ACCA to CPA in Canada will be much helpful for me.