+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Suspension

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
Hi hope all is good i have a question regarding acadamic suspension i have now sechdule break but am suspended for september intake2019 can i work or not during the month of july or august. Because i got mail from college last week..."
Do you start again in sept 2019 or you are suspended from sept 2019 to Dec.2019?

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
Im not an expert but from what i understand.if you work you are violating your study permit.and can get removed from canada..when does your permit expire

Riman

Jul 18, 2019
But i am suspended from sept2019 and now is my sechdule break so i can not work for these two months july and august

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
Hopefully you have money saved or you can get money from parents.borrow until jan 2020..good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the others are right you cannot work since you are no longer a full time student, scheduled break or not

anyway were you suspended for poor grades? whats yr school? ask them again to be sure

it seems like suddenly there are a lot of people asking about academic suspension
Unfortunately it is pretty common. Some may be working too many hours to dedicate enough time to their studies and others didn’t expect their program to be so demanding. Schools in other countries often let you have another chance at tests and assignments or give you extra time. This is usually not the case.

Agree with everyone else that you can’t work even during your scheduled break. You will be out of school for so long that you don’t qualify to work during July’s/August. Illegal work can get you deported like the recent case of the truck driver driving too many hours. Allowing you to work while on academic suspension would be providing a benefit after nit being successful in your studies.

Iamrut

Apr 14, 2020
Hey if anyone can answer my questions, that would be a great help for me.

I am a international student in Sheridan college who got academic suspension. I started my course in Jan 2017 and I got the academic suspension in August. Now I applied for another program for Jan 2018. Now I have four months left for my program to start. So I am going to join French classes, duration of 4 months till my program starts. My question is can I stay in Canada in this four months and after completing my course, will my work permit be affected because I got academic suspension and I stayed 4 months in Canada without being enrolled in a designated institute but studying a course in a non-DLI institute.

Thank you
Hi so finally what happened did you get your work permit?