+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Suspension and PGWP

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Hi thanks for your reply you said earlier you were suspended due to poor GPA and now you are saying because of sickness. I am also in a similar situation but am not sick can you suggest me anything?
Hi,
Did you got your work permit??

SukhGagan

Feb 12, 2022
Hi everyone.

I’m currently studying Red River College on my 5th term and graduating in December 2019.

My study permit is valid until March 2020

During my study I got academically suspended from August 2017 to December 2017 due to poor GPA.

I worked Part Time < 20 hours during the suspension.

After I came back to college my GPA have gradually improved to the 4’s and now my overall GPA would be around 3.5.

I’m applying for PGWP after my graduation in December 2019 but don’t know how severe my suspension will impact the chance of getting a work permit.

If anyone have any suggestion on what should I do to improve my chance on getting the work permit, I would appreciate your help and advice so much.

Thank you kindly and have a great day!
Hi did u get your PGWP? Please reply i am in the same problem

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

JamieD

Mar 24, 2022
You have to be honest and explained everything to the IRCC officer.
Hi, I am sorry to bother you. But can I ask how can you explain your situation with the IRCC through a letter? Could you give me some advice?
I will be facing academic suspension next semester, (because I feel so bad on both my 2 midterms, and I am on academic probation). My international advisor suggest that I should apply for another institution, and transfer back the credits when the suspension is appealed, and I still maintain study permit full no authorized gap break.
I am worried sick and did not what to do.
I really appreciate for your reply.

mustaine

Oct 29, 2022
I got a suspension for two terms. This will applied from december 23th, 2022 to fall 2023. In the mean time i can not study in my college but i can come back after my suspension. I'm an international student so according to the IRCC law international students can not stay out of study for 150 days. but my suspension is for 8 months. what can i do in this situation. Can i take a course in another college during my suspension? Is it going to affect my PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a suspension for two terms. This will applied from december 23th, 2022 to fall 2023. In the mean time i can not study in my college but i can come back after my suspension. I'm an international student so according to the IRCC law international students can not stay out of study for 150 days. but my suspension is for 8 months. what can i do in this situation. Can i take a course in another college during my suspension? Is it going to affect my PGWP?
You would need a new study permit as your study permit would not longer be valid. Of course, it will affect your PGWP. You will not be eligible for your current, suspended program.

mustaine

Oct 29, 2022
You would need a new study permit as your study permit would not longer be valid. Of course, it will affect your PGWP. You will not be eligible for your current, suspended program.
they said i can come back and finish my study in Fall 2023 since this was my final semester and i just needed one course to graduate

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
they said i can come back and finish my study in Fall 2023 since this was my final semester and i just needed one course to graduate
But you will not be eligible for PGWP if suspended for so long. How is your study permit still valid with such a long suspension.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How do you only have one course to finish if you’re ended up on academic suspension unless you did something in that one class that lead to suspension for 2 semesters? You would need to register at another college and study full-time and use that course to qualify for PGWP.

mustaine

Oct 29, 2022
How do you only have one course to finish if you’re ended up on academic suspension unless you did something in that one class that lead to suspension for 2 semesters? You would need to register at another college and study full-time and use that course to qualify for PGWP.
Because this suspension is for academic integrity. The authority failed me in that particular course and told me i can complete the rest courses in this semester and come back on fall 2023 to complete the rest of the course and finish my study. I'm thinking to admit into a new college for a new one year course and finish it during my suspension and come back to my previous college to finish my study. So that i don't fall into an unscheduled break.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because this suspension is for academic integrity. The authority failed me in that particular course and told me i can complete the rest courses in this semester and come back on fall 2023 to complete the rest of the course and finish my study. I'm thinking to admit into a new college for a new one year course and finish it during my suspension and come back to my previous college to finish my study. So that i don't fall into an unscheduled break.
You still aren’t eligible with two semesters on academic suspension. You can register for another course but is your current study permit even valid?