+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academic Suspension and PGWP

mustaine

Oct 29, 2022
You may have a valid visa but you have been under suspension for two semesters. IRCC may have cancelled your study permit as you must be studying full time to maintain study permit status.
Yes that's what i am asking. Can i get myself admitted in to a new college?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes that's what i am asking. Can i get myself admitted in to a new college?
You may need a new study permit. You need to find out if your current permit is even valid. if in Canada and permit is cancelled then you are without status in Canada. Once you leave your current suspended program then no point in going back. When you apply for a PGWP, IRCC that you didn’t study for 2 semesters.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
But what if college has notified IRCC which it is obligated to do if student is no longer studying and hasn’t been for over two semesters (around 8 months)?
True but college will only inform this student has academic suspension from that college. But the guy can take admission in another college to maintain his study permit conditions to remain studying.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
True but college will only inform this student has academic suspension from that college. But the guy can take admission in another college to maintain his study permit conditions to remain studying.
Here are the obligations for DLI. If suspended the DLI should be updating the IRCC database. So the person should know what has been sent to IRCC if anything.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/dli-portal/compliance-reporting-guide.html#dl-as

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But what if college has notified IRCC which it is obligated to do if student is no longer studying and hasn’t been for over two semesters (around 8 months)?
They don’t notify if you are suspended. They notify if you are no longer attending the next semester. They can attend another college if they get accepted on the same study permit.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

krina_z

Oct 31, 2022
Hi everyone.

I’m currently studying Red River College on my 5th term and graduating in December 2019.

My study permit is valid until March 2020

During my study I got academically suspended from August 2017 to December 2017 due to poor GPA.

I worked Part Time < 20 hours during the suspension.

After I came back to college my GPA have gradually improved to the 4’s and now my overall GPA would be around 3.5.

I’m applying for PGWP after my graduation in December 2019 but don’t know how severe my suspension will impact the chance of getting a work permit.

If anyone have any suggestion on what should I do to improve my chance on getting the work permit, I would appreciate your help and advice so much.

Thank you kindly and have a great day!

Hello, I’m going through same situation as yours. And I’m thinking to continue part time work. Can you please share your response what has happened with you when you applied for PGWP. Does that illegal working had been affected to your process? Or IRCC didn’t consider it.