+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi visa office gather here please

Suz1167

Jan 1, 2023
Hello guys
Any body got any update recently
My work permit was applied outside the Canada from Abu Dhabi on 28july, 2021 and nothing update until now. Anybody here got any update form IRCC

osmanros

Feb 22, 2023
Hi,
I am applying for a Canada study permit and need clarification on 2 questions in imm1294 form.

Question 7: Current country or territory of residence: I am a Sri Lankan citizen working in Qatar (under a work permit). So should I mention my home country where I am a citizen (Sri Lanka) or Qatar? If I give Qatar what will be the To Date?

Question 9: Country or territory where applying: I want my application to be processed in my home country (Sri Lanka) as the rejection rate is high in the Middle east. So if I choose Sri Lanka for this section and status as Citizen it is asking for From date and To date, which date should I give?

Will it be a problem if I choose Sri Lanka as I will provide my biometrics in Qatar?

Also I read somewhere that if I mention a country other than citizen (ex: Qatar), I should provide proof of legal status in the country where I live. What is meant by legal status and where to provide.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am applying for a Canada study permit and need clarification on 2 questions in imm1294 form.

Question 7: Current country or territory of residence: I am a Sri Lankan citizen working in Qatar (under a work permit). So should I mention my home country where I am a citizen (Sri Lanka) or Qatar? If I give Qatar what will be the To Date?

Question 9: Country or territory where applying: I want my application to be processed in my home country (Sri Lanka) as the rejection rate is high in the Middle east. So if I choose Sri Lanka for this section and status as Citizen it is asking for From date and To date, which date should I give?

Will it be a problem if I choose Sri Lanka as I will provide my biometrics in Qatar?

Also I read somewhere that if I mention a country other than citizen (ex: Qatar), I should provide proof of legal status in the country where I live. What is meant by legal status and where to provide.

Thanks a lot in advance.
You need to living in Sri Lanka to apply from there proving residency. If you are living in Qatar then that is where it is processed from.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi @Naturgrl , a question .
I did submit many request to add my new born baby to the current processing Work Permit application wihout the receipt which $100.
Last week , i submitted a webform with the paid receipt ,birth certificate, child photo, passport copy again. but still no updates. any advise would be appriciate

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi @Naturgrl , a question .
I did submit many request to add my new born baby to the current processing Work Permit application wihout the receipt which $100.
Last week , i submitted a webform with the paid receipt ,birth certificate, child photo, passport copy again. but still no updates. any advise would be appriciate
anyone please!

Taha83

Feb 26, 2023
Hi all
Did anyone receive approval for Closed Work Permit recently from Abu Dhabi? I applied in October 2022
Thanks

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi all
Did anyone receive approval for Closed Work Permit recently from Abu Dhabi? I applied in October 2022
Thanks
I applied 23rd November 2022, still nothing and showing backround check on progress. What is the status of yours?

tuwari

Mar 9, 2023
hello is there a group chat for Abu Dhabi lodgers study permit application? im an expat in qatar. i want to see the timeline of others.

tuwari

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance.
you must answer Sri lanka as your current country of residence in the GCkey questionnaire before you arrive in the forms for your application to go to sri lanka. answer in Imm1294 would be then:
7-sri lanka - ctizen
8-qatar -worker
9-yes, sri lanka

however, this is misrepresenting yourself and giving false info. many people do it though and easily get their approvals in their home country. i do not advise you to do this. UAE is refusing lots of application but you dont want to ruin your future PR application with this false info.

AshutoshS

Apr 17, 2023
Hi Guys. I am citizen of India but have born and raised in the UAE, and have never been to India for more than six months and have only visited 6 times (two-three weeks each time), with no immediate relatives in India (all immediate relatives in the UAE) I also work in the UAE. Neither me nor my family have any assets /businesses in UAE or Golden visas, etc. I was wondering what you guys think, if it would be better to apply from the UAE or from India?

Temp121

Apr 9, 2023
Hi Guys. I am citizen of India but have born and raised in the UAE, and have never been to India for more than six months and have only visited 6 times (two-three weeks each time), with no immediate relatives in India (all immediate relatives in the UAE) I also work in the UAE. Neither me nor my family have any assets /businesses in UAE or Golden visas, etc. I was wondering what you guys think, if it would be better to apply from the UAE or from India?
What are u applying for work or study permit?