+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi visa office gather here please

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I indicated will return to UAE first but will eventually go home to philippines for good.
Not to discourage you but mentioning returning back to UAE is not a good idea. You and I we both know we can come to UAE at any time and look for a job especially if you already have experience. But for them, it is not and will conclude that you want to go to Canada to live there illegally and not return.

Anyways, wish you the best ! Keep us posted.

Reactions: ARB0428

ARB0428

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Not to discourage you but mentioning returning back to UAE is not a good idea. You and I we both know we can come to UAE at any time and look for a job especially if you already have experience. But for them, it is not and will conclude that you want to go to Canada to live there illegally and not return.

Anyways, wish you the best ! Keep us posted.
I do have my family in the UAE that was why I indicated that I will, of course, return to the UAE.
Thanks, Shaild

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I see. I agree, VO in AUH are quite unreasonably harsh. This makes me wonder if they actually do this based on some sort of data or just on ones gut feeling that the person wont leave the country. I really don't think they understand the dynamics of how middle east works. They put all applicants in one big box and reject and there is nothing we can do but pray that someone sensible looks at our files and makes a fair decision.

All the best Danny ! I do pray you get a positive outcome this time as I clearly understand the effort and pain one goes through with this process.
So after 2 rejections I decided to consult with an ICCRC lawyer and they clearly told me that my file wasn't even completely vetted and stated that they didn't even read my Sop given the kind of refusal they have given me twice. Have understood that applying from GCC is an end game for other citizens hence traveling to India and applying under SDS alone.
Just wanted to ask that my spouse working in Middle east can be considered as a home tie or not? Thanks

Reactions: Danny1981

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
So after 2 rejections I decided to consult with an ICCRC lawyer and they clearly told me that my file wasn't even completely vetted and stated that they didn't even read my Sop given the kind of refusal they have given me twice. Have understood that applying from GCC is an end game for other citizens hence traveling to India and applying under SDS alone.
Just wanted to ask that my spouse working in Middle east can be considered as a home tie or not? Thanks
After my refusal I felt the same. They did not even read my SOP or review my documents. May be it all depends on who gets your file in Abu Dhabi visa office.

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
After my refusal, I felt the same. They did not even read my SOP or review my documents. Maybe it all depends on who gets your file in the Abu Dhabi visa office.
Depends on case to case, the main factors they consider are your Age, Education, Financial ability, Course chosen to study in Canada should match with your previous studies and work experience (if no, you have to provide a convincing explanation for the change in studies and career), Tie-ups in the country of residence and in the home country should be strong.
The last factor depends on what the visa officer thinks about your profile, Nobody can advise regarding this since it purely depends on the officer. They are well experienced and trained too.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Depends on case to case, the main factors they consider are your Age, Education, Financial ability, Course chosen to study in Canada should match with your previous studies and work experience (if no, you have to provide a convincing explanation for the change in studies and career), Tie-ups in the country of residence and in the home country should be strong.
The last factor depends on what the visa officer thinks about your profile, Nobody can advise regarding this since it purely depends on the officer. They are well experienced and trained too.
The last part is the problem for most. It is purely based on one's gut feelings. Just go through this forum of the profiles of people who have been refused with 'not going back home' clause. You will be surprised.

The problem here is a mismatch of process. Govt wants people to come to Canada, study, invest and settle. IRCC wants people to go back home after studies(on paper). This clash of regulations just doesn't work. They need to stop making this mandatory and give options on the form itself to say if they have intensions to settle, what would be their CRS score after studies and they can take a decision based on the average trend and even forecast for lets say 5-10 points more in 1 to 2 years. If it falls in that bracket, just approve and let them stay if not you can reject and they can work on their profile an re-apply. But guess going by gut feeling is easier than put a process in place.

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
The last part is the problem for most. It is purely based on one's gut feelings. Just go through this forum of the profiles of people who have been refused with 'not going back home' clause. You will be surprised.

The problem here is a mismatch of process. Govt wants people to come to Canada, study, invest and settle. IRCC wants people to go back home after studies(on paper). This clash of regulations just doesn't work. They need to stop making this mandatory and give options on the form itself to say if they have intensions to settle, what would be their CRS score after studies and they can take a decision based on the average trend and even forecast for lets say 5-10 points more in 1 to 2 years. If it falls in that bracket, just approve and let them stay if not you can reject and they can work on their profile an re-apply. But guess going by gut feeling is easier than put a process in place.
In simple words, it's an alternate way of making money, each time you make an application you donate some money to the government. Even college and university issues offer to students more than the allocated numbers. They all know very well that not all the applicants are going to get their visas approved.
But still, they issue you an offer and retain your money for months.

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
You should look at my profile, many consultants told me I have a strong profile. I understand the decision is based on VO’s gut feeling. Why do they think I will go through all this process, get a study permit in Canada and illegally stay there when I have a valid USA visa till 2027 and I have travelled to more than 18 countries. And also we are well settled in India with very strong financial back up. I am a civil engineer with career progression in project management (Cost, estimation &planning) so the best program for me to pursue at the age of 39 is an MBA. We all know visa officers are well experienced and trained. You should look at others profiles too who got refused from Abu Dhabi office.

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You should look at my profile, many consultants told me I have a strong profile. I understand the decision is based on VO’s gut feeling. Why do they think I will go through all this process, get a study permit in Canada and illegally stay there when I have a valid USA visa till 2027 and I have travelled to more than 18 countries. And also we are well settled in India with very strong financial back up. I am a civil engineer with career progression in project management (Cost, estimation &planning) so the best program for me to pursue at the age of 39 is an MBA. We all know visa officers are well experienced and trained. You should look at others profiles too who got refused from Abu Dhabi office.
https://monitor.icef.com/2019/09/canada-study-permit-rejection-rates-on-the-rise/

Rakibur

Dec 28, 2020
Dear All,
I applied on 29 Jan, give the biomatric on 3rd Feb for May 2021 intake, So now when the BVL and final decision could come. Any expected time line?

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Dear All,
I applied on 29 Jan, give the biomatric on 3rd Feb for May 2021 intake, So now when the BVL and final decision could come. Any expected time line?
Where did you apply from? UAE? Bahrain? Kuwait? Did your eligibility review start? Biometric updated? Got submission confirmation letter?
Nowadays it’s taking more than 2 months for a decision.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
In simple words, it's an alternate way of making money, each time you make an application you donate some money to the government. Even college and university issues offer to students more than the allocated numbers. They all know very well that not all the applicants are going to get their visas approved.
But still, they issue you an offer and retain your money for months.
I dont think they make enough money just by the applications. I am pretty sure these must be some high paying jobs. However, imagine the influx of foreign currency they get via colleges and banks (GIC). This amount sits in bank accounts of colleges/universities for months. This helps boost their GDP and steady influx of cash flow which is then invested by banks as lending's and get high interests.

The problem is the sheer inefficiency of a developed country to manage a crisis. VO should not take this just as another job. This is essential service and people's life depends on it. If it means putting in few extra hours few days to finish the work they should do it (paid offcourse). I dont understand why there is still no sense of urgency in any of the processes they have inspite of getting so much of financial support from people willing to come to Canada and study. Someone in higher authority to hold them accountable for not managing their jobs. I have friends on PR who mention everything in Canada is very slow as compared to other countries. A simple job which should take few hours takes upto a week.

Rakibur

Dec 28, 2020
Where did you apply from? UAE? Bahrain? Kuwait? Did your eligibility review start? Biometric updated? Got submission confirmation letter?
Nowadays it’s taking more than 2 months for a decision.
I applied from UAE. Review eligibility started I think. After that no update till today.

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I applied from UAE. Review eligibility started I think. After that no update till today.
No expected timeline due to the Covid impact process is bit slow, some do get a response in 1month time. I have seen people who have applied in the month of December are still in a queue ahead of you. So stay relaxed...

Danny1981

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
I applied on 20th December 2020 from Kuwait
Biometric was already there from my previous application.
Eligibility review started on 16th Jan 2021
Received submission confirmation on 4th Feb 2021
Nothing after that. Still waiting