+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi visa office gather here please

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Does it mean that someone has reviewed my application in Canada and waiting for final review by VO at Abu Dhabi?
May be your eligibility review started in Ottawa and then file might have moved to Abu Dhabi for review.. Most of the sds cases go to Ottawa and then transfer to Abu Dhabi for review.. There isn’t any fixed pattern but if your eligibility review started in May, it should have been completed in June.. They usually take 1 week per file to pass or fail the eligibility.. July doesn’t make sense.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
May be your eligibility review started in Ottawa and then file might have moved to Abu Dhabi for review.. Most of the sds cases go to Ottawa and then transfer to Abu Dhabi for review.. There isn’t any fixed pattern but if your eligibility review started in May, it should have been completed in June.. They usually take 1 week per file to pass or fail the eligibility.. July doesn’t make sense.
Thanks for this information. My application is work permit for postdoc at a university. I am following thread to see updates from Abu Dhabi. I hope they will be issuing ppr for both students and work permits in coming days

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
My upfront medical updated and review started on 06-july. So do you have any idea about when will i get final decision from them. File submitted on 03-Feb-2021, biometrics: 07-Feb-2021.
See we are not sure how Abu Dhabi is issuing final decisions. They are quite random. Final decisions are subjected to whether or not the applicant passed or failed the eligibility criteria. I know a whole lot of people who have passed the eligibility criteria but waiting for their final decisions.. I think we all Fall 21 applicants should get the decision within the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: 38bxiy and RumezaJ

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Thanks for this information. My application is work permit for postdoc at a university. I am following thread to see updates from Abu Dhabi. I hope they will be issuing ppr for both students and work permits in coming days
I really hope so.. But the way they are processing applications it seems difficult that we all would get the decision soon. We can just wait, pray and watch ..

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Start of eligibility review is not a glitch. They only update the portal once at the time of review. However, after reviewing and finalising the decision, they take months to update online.. In my case my eligibility review started in May and in the first week of June, my eligibility review was completed, but they didn’t update anything afterwards.
Oh good information. Thanks for sharing

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Wow so just 1 week to pass or fail eligibility review!! What about non sds files ?any idea ? my case is in Ottawa

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Wow so just 1 week to pass or fail eligibility review!! What about non sds files ?any idea ? my case is in Ottawa
My file was also in Ottawa but they didn’t review, and transferred it to Abu Dhabi.. When did you submit the application?

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
My file was also in Ottawa but they didn’t review, and transferred it to Abu Dhabi.. When did you submit the application?
I applied on June18th for non sds Sp+ Sowp
Biometrics done and updated June 21
Eligibility review started July 2 or 3rd( not too sure exactly)
I have been waiting for medical request. And also I don’t know where are our files but the payment was made to Ottawa

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I applied from USA but my spouse resides in Pakistan . Do you know if IRCC will provide me some information if i call ?

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
I applied from USA but my spouse resides in Pakistan . Do you know if IRCC will provide me some information if i call ?
I think you should wait this week at least.. Call IRCC by the end of this week.. They will give you complete information about the visa office processing your application and whether or not you have met the eligibility requirements.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I think you should wait this week at least.. Call IRCC by the end of this week.. They will give you complete information about the visa office processing your application and whether or not you have met the eligibility requirements.
Okay , will do. Thanks

Reactions: EAK

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Do you suggest calling to IRCC in Canada or VO office at Abu Dhabi to get relevant information about eligibility etc.

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Do you suggest calling to IRCC in Canada or VO office at Abu Dhabi to get relevant information about eligibility etc.
When you call IRCC, it goes straight to their main call centre in Canada.. So, of course Canada.. and while calling you have to pretend that you are calling from inside Canada.. and for that, you will need to buy a Canadian number online..