m34

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-06-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
Neither did I. It has been 40 days since i submitted mine (mail time included), and i expect to receive them today or tomorrow

Thanks for your response. Yes, seems like the only thing to do is sit tight and wait. Just didn't expect such further delays after receiving PPR. :(

skzaz

Apr 7, 2019
Neither did I. It has been 40 days since i submitted mine (mail time included), and i expect to receive them today or tomorrow
Hope you get it soon! Btw I don't know if its a coincidence or what but just after posting on this forum my application status changed to approved. No news from VFS yet but relieved that something moved at least.

skzaz

Apr 7, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted my passports on 4th March 2019 via Aramex and passports were delivered to ADVO on 6th March. However, there was no update till 31st March.

I mailed ADVO (abdbiimmigration@international.gc.ca) on the night of 31st March stating that I had confirmed tickets to Toronto on 11th April and requested them to kindly expedite the visa stamping process. I also attached a copy of my ticket for reference.

Coincidently, my status was updated to APPROVED on 1st April.

Now, I am not sure if the mail did the trick or it was a mere coincidence.

So, In case anyone is in a similar situation, you may try sending a mail with authentic references. It might help to speed up the process.
The exact same happened with me! Sent a mail today and my status changed to approved today. How long did it take you to get your passport delivered after the approval? Was yours VFS Dubai?

Misty18

Jan 22, 2019
The exact same happened with me! Sent a mail today and my status changed to approved today. How long did it take you to get your passport delivered after the approval? Was yours VFS Dubai?
Hi, who did you send an email to? Abu Dhabi or CIC?

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
I had sent the passports by Aramex (with return airbill) directly to the embassy.
The passports and COPR were dispatched by the embassy the same day it was approved. I collected my passports the next day from the local Aramex office.

Reactions: nns14

skzaz

Apr 7, 2019
I had sent the passports by Aramex (with return airbill) directly to the embassy.
The passports and COPR were dispatched by the embassy the same day it was approved. I collected my passports the next day from the local Aramex office.
Ah, that's great. No updates yet for me but hopefully I can make my flight on Friday.

ta2839

Apr 9, 2019
Hey all,

Apologies if this was asked before but did anyone of you withdraw the passport during the processing period? Did they accept when you resubmitted it?

I submitted my passport on 31 March, 2019.
I got confirmation from ADVO on 1 April, 2019.

While submitting, I also shared a letter (with proof) stating that I would need to travel to India on April 23.

In case the processing does not get over before April 23, can I withdraw the passport for a week? Or will this action get the application canceled?

Thanks a lot in advance.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello my office is London and I m asked to submit my passport to Abu Dhabi. Any idea how long does Canada embassy in Abu Dhabi usually takes these days to stamp visa and return

mfresh

Apr 13, 2019
Hi All,

PPR - 18 March
Submitted passport to VFS AD - 21 March
Still waiting for approval and COPR.........

Has anyone who has submitted their passport around the same time had any movement?

Thanks

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Guys, I submitted my passport to VFS Dubai on 21st February(PPR 4th February), and until now havent received them. Im really stressed and confused what to do.
This week I will complete 2 months since passport submission. Please advice what to do.
I have already written to VFS helpline, no use. Already raise CSE via web form twice for each, both inside and outside Canada(ADVO), and received very generic responses.
Looking at the average processing times, I dont get why its taking so long.
I even called IRCC helpline in Canada, they said the application is processed from their side, its all in the local VO's hands and shall approve it.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated!

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello can someone tell me how long will it take to receive stamped passport from Abu Dhabi VO . I am Abu Dhabi based. I want to travel to Canada during Eid break

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Hello can someone tell me how long will it take to receive stamped passport from Abu Dhabi VO . I am Abu Dhabi based. I want to travel to Canada during Eid break
Bro, Abu dhabi VO is a very worked up office, Consider atleast 30 days for processing, and dont book flights until u get the passport. I got mine in 53 days