+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VO ... Let's Connect here!

vjnu

Jul 23, 2017
When I went to VFS Dubai, first thing they did is checked that all family members are present.
Then they took the documents from us and we filled a form for delivery of passports by courier.
Other than seeing all are present, they family members have nothing to do.
That's the reason I told you ask VFS for a way out. Maybe your wife will have to give a no-objection letter.
Moreover, they may ask you how you have their passports since they have already traveled. of course we can get by courier. but family members should have a residence visa for Dubai.
I will call them and check. Thanks a lot.

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

Need some help URGENT. I got my PPR on 13th november 2017 and I submitted my docs on 15th. It reached vfs abu dhabi on 16th November and I got the confirmation email. I have been waiting since 16th nov 2017. There has been no update on my CIC account and it still says under progress. My medicals were due to expire on 17th nov so I sent them an email regarding this. They emailed me on 3rd Jan 2018 asking for the countries I had stayed in since getting my medical done and I replied. The biggest problem I am facing now is I am on a visit visa which will expire by 9th feb 2018 and I am still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat. What can I do in this situation. I am confused whether to email them about this or not. I am worried if I tell them they will give me my passport without the visa and my application would get delayed even more. Can someone please advice me on my situation. Should I go VFS abu dhabi if thats helpful. Its been over 70 regular days now. PLEASE ADVICE.

regards

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Picked up my passport from VFS centre today, after 7 days. Here's my timeline (after PPR) for VFS in Dubai:

14 Jan 2018 (Sun)
Submitted passport to VFS centre
VFS first email

We would like to inform you that your Documents has been processed in our office on 14 Jan 2018

15 Jan 2018
Email from VFS

Visa application, tracking ID No.20180114xxxxx is under process at Canada Visa Office,Abu Dhabi

22 Jan 2018 (Mon)

11:10 am
Email from CIC saying updated. The Final decision shows You application was approved

11:15 am
VFS Tracking says

Processed Visa application, tracking ID No.20180114xxxxx is in transit from the Canada Visa Office , ABU DHABI, on 22/01/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
4:00 pm
VFS Tracking says

Documents for visa application, tracking ID No.20180114xxxxx have been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 22/01/2018
4:50 pm
Collected passport & COPR from VFS centre

4:58 pm
Email & SMS received

Documents for visa application, tracking ID No.20180114xxxxx have been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Dubai, on 22-01-2018
9:28 pm
Email & SMS received

Documents for visa application tracking ID No. 20180114xxxxx have been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Dubai on 22-01-2018

Last edited:

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Is this mandatory for the dependents to be present at VFS Dubai during passport submission? I have already cancelled their visas and already sent them to back to home country. Passports and photos are in my possession.
Don't know if is still needed but my husband submitted ours without us being there. Just the required documents with the photo size. We submitted in Abu dhabi VFS

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Is this mandatory for the dependents to be present at VFS Dubai during passport submission? I have already cancelled their visas and already sent them to back to home country. Passports and photos are in my possession.
Not. I submitted docs without my dependents being present. They will have you sign a consent form on their behalf

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Passports submitted last Monday 29th
Delivered to embassy on Tuesday 30th
Approved yesterday 5th
Got the passports today 6th.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Abu dhabi through Vfs
Was it processed that quickly because you are a resident of Abu Dhabi? I read several postings on this thread that the wait time when processing through that office usually takes anywhere from 30-45 days. I am in Qatar and I think my passport was delivered round about the 31st of January.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Was it processed that quickly because you are a resident of Abu Dhabi? I read several postings on this thread that the wait time when processing through that office usually takes anywhere from 30-45 days. I am in Qatar and I think my passport was delivered round about the 31st of January.
May be or may be not, I think they are fast these days. Also yours is Qatar, they need to deliver it to Abu dhabi and then send back again. Vfs said 4 weeks, so was surprise to get the message that it was ready.

You will hear from them soon. Good luck

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
May be or may be not, I think they are fast these days. Also yours is Qatar, they need to deliver it to Abu dhabi and then send back again. Vfs said 4 weeks, so was surprise to get the message that it was ready.

You will hear from them soon. Good luck
Ok. It took two days for it to be delivered to Abu Dhabi and I am assuming it will take same two days for it to be returned. Do you know of anyone in Qatar who got theirs back as quickly as you did?

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Ok. It took two days for it to be delivered to Abu Dhabi and I am assuming it will take same two days for it to be returned. Do you know of anyone in Qatar who got theirs back as quickly as you did?
Not at all, but I have seen someone in this thread that got his within a week. That was last week.
But from Qatar should be more than a week because of the transferring of the passports from Qatar to Abu dhabi and back.

cdasoon

Jul 4, 2017
Submitted my passport last week. Hope to hear back soon.

4th Feb - Submitted through Aramex (return service)
5th Feb - Passport received at the Canadian Embassy in AUH