Abu Dhabi VO ... Let's Connect here!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
osti said:
Thanks Mate .

Quiet annoying ADVO slow motion

I have sent my passport for visa stamping and still waiting its been 22 days till now .

Strange though
Relax, you'll get it back soon. By the way, would you like to share your complete timeline here?
Thanks.

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi mate

Medical request + PCC + rprf : May 01,2016
Medical done : 21 May 2016
PPR : July 20, 2016
PP sent: 1 sep 2016

My visa office is Singapore , Iam 2011 applicant , yes 5 years it took !!!, took massive time coz I lived in 6 countries , namely : canada , Singapore , Malaysia , UK , UAE , Thailand

So my file was transferred from Singapore to Manila , and my background checks took 3 years hehehe .
I completely forgot I applied for immigration till I recieved an email in may for medical.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
osti said:
Hi mate

Medical request + PCC + rprf : May 01,2016
Medical done : 21 May 2016
PPR : July 20, 2016
PP sent: 1 sep 2016

My visa office is Singapore , Iam 2011 applicant , yes 5 years it took !!!, took massive time coz I lived in 6 countries , namely : canada , Singapore , Malaysia , UK , UAE , Thailand

So my file was transferred from Singapore to Manila , and my background checks took 3 years hehehe .
I completely forgot I applied for immigration till I recieved an email in may for medical.
Thank you, osti, for sharing the details.. wow, 5 years...!!
And 3 years of background check... really speaks a lot; paper-based applications must have had some terrible backlogs.

So glad it's finally over for you. :)
Wish you a smooth and easy settlement in Canada. Good Luck! :)

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
HI Mate

Am pleased to inform with the grace of God that today i have recieved the notification through VFS that the immigration visa & COPR is ready , and i collected it from Wafi VFS
I will be doing a quick landing with the family on October 3rd and back to Dubai

Thanks for all the help here and wish you all the best

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
osti said:
HI Mate

Am pleased to inform with the grace of God that today i have recieved the notification through VFS that the immigration visa & COPR is ready , and i collected it from Wafi VFS
I will be doing a quick landing with the family on October 3rd and back to Dubai

Many many congratulations! :)
Wish you all the best!

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osti said:
HI Mate

Congrats..

Btw, how will you get ur pr card if ur not in canada to receive it? Can you reenter without it?

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Thanks for warm wishes,

Yes indeed , i will give them my brother address to deliver it there and he will send it by dhl to dubai , usually it takes 40 days to be ready .

In case you need to travel to Canada and the physical card is not yet ready , you need to submit to VFS in Wafi : 2 photos and copy of your COPR , passport copy , pay processing fees , and ADVO will issue you a Temporary PR travel Document , which entitles you for a single entry to Canada ,

Again there either you apply again if the card is lost , or you stay till its issued .

Regards,

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi,

How much time does VFS / Embassy takes to return passports. I submitted my passports on 19th September and since then there is no update. VFS Tracking shows Under Process, CIC PR Application shows In Progress and Application Open. No update since then. :( Am losing patience

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
sikkavarun said:
Hi,

How much time does VFS / Embassy takes to return passports. I submitted my passports on 19th September and since then there is no update. VFS Tracking shows Under Process, CIC PR Application shows In Progress and Application Open. No update since then. :( Am losing patience
I guess it takes around 4 weeks. You are going to get your passport(s) back, soon.

Don't lose patience, sikkavarun... especially, if you are among the select few who got their applications processed within the six months from a visa office like Abu Dhabi, where many applicants have their files delayed/pending for no apparent reason.

Stop worrying and focus on your relocation. Start packing and search flights, if you haven't, already.
Good Luck! :)

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
I Already landed on October 3rd in Canada , all was okay and great am currently there and things are really well

divyalal

Feb 3, 2016
osti said:
I Already landed on October 3rd in Canada , all was okay and great am currently there and things are really well
Congratulations Osti

I landed on 5th October and landing process went smooth. Officer asked me some basic questions and that's it.

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Thanks bro , you too !

Where did you land and where are you now ?

I landed at Pearson airport , Toronto booked direct flight withEtihad from AUH to toronto , officer didn't ask much questions , even didn't ask for money .

I rented airbnb flat and returning back to Dubai on 11th .
I have been away for 15 years from canada , what I see now life is difficult and people struggling make end..

Job market is really tough

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Que Em said:
I guess it takes around 4 weeks. You are going to get your passport(s) back, soon.

Don't lose patience, sikkavarun... especially, if you are among the select few who got their applications processed within the six months from a visa office like Abu Dhabi, where many applicants have their files delayed/pending for no apparent reason.

Stop worrying and focus on your relocation. Start packing and search flights, if you haven't, already.
Good Luck! :)
I guess so @Que Em. You are right I shouldn't lose patience :)
But there are other UAE visa Issues that I am having right now because of which I got a little impatient. I hope I receive the passports soon :)

Thanks for your word of advice. Really appreciated :)

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
hi, i was lurking around this forum and had bumped to this thread. I sent my passport in VFS Qatar last oct 5 and they told me the abu dhabi visa office received it on the 9th of October. Based on the past pages of this thread the, current trend is roughly 3- 4 weeks before release. So I'm kindly on the waiting list. Though my paper was processed in Manila VO, the nearest VAC to me is abu dhabi so I send it thru VFS Qatar.

I hope I can received it before nov 12 because, it's my last day here in doha. :D

God willing :)