+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VO ... Let's Connect here!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
osti said:
HI Que Em

Have you landed to Canada or not yet , please let me know how it went .

I have submitted my pasport to VFS in Dubai on Sep 1st , the officer said it take approx 15 days to get the COPR and visa stamped.

in your case How many total days inclusing weekend did ittake to get your COPR and visa stamped ( from the date the officer recieved your Aramex) ?

am planning to fly to canada for 5 days , my initial province is Onatrio , but due to cheap flight to Montreal , am planning to land in Montreal and take rent a car to Toronto , will this work?

Second : POF , i need to provide 23k CAD i think for family of 4 , is it ok if i take my NBAD bank statement ? or take the money in AED as its easier to carry 66 notes of 1000 AED than 23,000 CAD ?

any idea how to overcome?
Thanx!
Hello,

I am still waiting for my PPR. I think you've mentioned me in your post by mistake.

Anyways, I guess you can use the VFS/Aramex tracking option to monitor the progress of your package. You can also check your MyCIC account for information about your application as it will show 'decision made' and then a return tracker activation, e.g. I guess it takes around 2-4 weeks time for visa stamping.

About flights, I think you can check Expedia for economical flights, also, Etihad offers cheap direct flights to Toronto, I guess. I am not sure renting a car and driving from Montreal to Toronto would be a good idea, especially, if you haven't lived in Canada before. Also, I don't think it would be of any benefit, considering the drive time (over 5 hours) plus car rent charges compared to the money you want to save.

Regarding the POF, I think the best option is to get a recent bank statement provided the funds are available to you immediately and you can withdraw money from inside Canada and/or are able to transfer it to a Canadian bank account. I won't suggest carrying money in cash, also, check and get familiar with the latest information from CBSA on travelling with money to Canada.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html
The bank statement should be fine.

You can use your Master/Visa card(s) at Canadian ATM outlets to withdraw money as you need it and/or you can also use your credit cards online as well, if needed (for your stay and bookings etc). Also, just keep some money for your personal expenses in cash, in Canadian dollars.

I hope this helps. Good luck and wish you a smooth and easy landing experience.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
osti said:
HI Que Em

Have you landed to Canada or not yet , please let me know how it went .

I have submitted my pasport to VFS in Dubai on Sep 1st , the officer said it take approx 15 days to get the COPR and visa stamped.

in your case How many total days inclusing weekend did ittake to get your COPR and visa stamped ( from the date the officer recieved your Aramex) ?

am planning to fly to canada for 5 days , my initial province is Onatrio , but due to cheap flight to Montreal , am planning to land in Montreal and take rent a car to Toronto , will this work?

Second : POF , i need to provide 23k CAD i think for family of 4 , is it ok if i take my NBAD bank statement ? or take the money in AED as its easier to carry 66 notes of 1000 AED than 23,000 CAD ?

any idea how to overcome?
Thanx!
Hop you don't mind me answering.

I landed in Toronto in August. From my own experience at the Toronto POE, (and from others in my SINP WhatsApp group) I can tell you that immigration does not really check or ask for POF at the time of landing. But do carry a statement with you to show in case that you are asked for it.

We flew Air Canada to Toronto from Dubai, and the we found that it was the cheapest among all the carriers for the return journey.

As Que Em mentioned carrying cash over $10K obliges you to declare to customs. This is done on a declaration form given to you on the flight. It does not restrict you from carrying more, as this is more for AML requirements than for any other reason.

You can carry a minimum amount that you are comfortable with, and then open a bank account in Canada. I do not advise you to open an account form here as it will block your funds till you actually land and visit a branch in Canada. Since you mentioned you are only going for 5 days, this may be difficult to manage. Opening an account and depsoting cash is fairly painless, and does not take more than a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Guys just got PPR. Thank you everyone here for the great support and assistance. God bless everyone
And all the best to those who are waiting.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
sikkavarun said:
Guys just got PPR. Thank you everyone here for the great support and assistance. God bless everyone
And all the best to those who are waiting.
Congratulations, sikkavarun!
Good to see some movement.

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I received the request to pay the landing fee, as i havent paid the rfrp upfront. Does anyone know what the timing is from rfrp (I paid it on the 15th of Sept) to ppr? Im fsw outland.

Goodluck to all!

Thanks

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
adtocanada said:
Hi guys,

I received the request to pay the landing fee, as i havent paid the rfrp upfront. Does anyone know what the timing is from rfrp (I paid it on the 15th of Sept) to ppr? Im fsw outland.

Goodluck to all!

Thanks
ADVO is very slo, I paid RPRF on 28 Feb, still eating for Passport request, btw what is your AOR date

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FWSAPPLICANT said:
ADVO is very slo, I paid RPRF on 28 Feb, still eating for Passport request, btw what is your AOR date
Hey FWSAPPLICANT, AOR was on the 20th of May.

When u say u paid RPRF on 28th Feb, was that upfront or was it a request from CIC?

Whats your AOR date?

Thanks

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
adtocanada said:
Hey FWSAPPLICANT, AOR was on the 20th of May.

When u say u paid RPRF on 28th Feb, was that upfront or was it a request from CIC?

Whats your AOR date?

Thanks
It was on request by CIC, AOR was 28 Dec 2015.

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi Que Em

Sorry i adressed your name by mistake :)

i sent my to ADVO through VFS on Sep1 , am still waiting . am planing to land in Montreal and drive to Toronto as i knw the way very well i sed to live there 12 years back . Rent a car is like 80$ with gas its around 120$ to reach toronto with family of 4 i save like 3000 Dhs on airfare.

am quiet uncertain if they will allow me as am FSW in Ontario not Qubec ,

Also my question, if i take UAE dirham as proof of funds , does it work ? i read some posts from Qorax to avoid showing bank statements as it doesnt always work

Thanks!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
osti said:
Hi Que Em

Sorry i adressed your name by mistake :)

i sent my to ADVO through VFS on Sep1 , am still waiting . am planing to land in Montreal and drive to Toronto as i knw the way very well i sed to live there 12 years back . Rent a car is like 80$ with gas its around 120$ to reach toronto with family of 4 i save like 3000 Dhs on airfare.

am quiet uncertain if they will allow me as am FSW in Ontario not Qubec ,

Also my question, if i take UAE dirham as proof of funds , does it work ? i read some posts from Qorax to avoid showing bank statements as it doesnt always work

Thanks!
Hello again,

Well, if it suits your needs and you know what you're doing, I am in no better position to suggest otherwise. However, I am not very sure how you would be doing your landing in Ontario after entering Canada through Montreal first, as, as for as I know, for PR people coming to Canada from outside, the landing is usually done at the port of entry (POE). But I don't know much on the topic and I am not sure if people can do landing in Montreal for non-Quebec programs or not.

I think you will get all the required information and instructions about landing with your COPR and PR visa(s). Also, people who have already landed, can give better opinion on the subject.

It's not an issue to carry cash, you just have to inform the authorities. It's just my personal opinion that carrying a bank statement is much safer and easy to handle as compared to carrying a large sum of cash while traveling. But again, it's your personal choice.

You might find a lot of useful information here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

yous1987

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,
I am an Egyptian pharmacist that's currently residing and working in Bahrain and I was wondering if someone could assist me in providing information with regards to the process time of my permanent residence application. I have applied for it from a while back through the Federal Skilled Workers Immigration Program via the newly adopted Express Entry system and till now I have not received my PPR. Its now closing to 9 months.

My timeline is as follows:
Date on which I received my ITA: 26th of November 2015
Date on which I finalized and uploaded my documents and received my AOR: 9th of January 2016
Date on which I passed my medical tests: 17th of January 2016
Date on which I was asked to sign and upload a "Schedule A Declaration Background" and then I uploaded it on the same day: 18th of January 2016
Date on which the CIC said that they had started on my "Background check: 24th of February 2016

I previously inquired through the Abu Dhabi Canadian embassy e-mail and through the Case Specific Enquiry and I got a reply stating that their files do not show any active application with the information that I have provided which I find pretty odd and strange considering that the Canadian Embassy of Abu Dhabi is responsible for the Permanent Residence applications for residents of Bahrain as stated on the CIC website. I still have not applied for my GCMS notes but I am not sure what will that accomplish for my case. If anyone can provide me with their experiences and their feedback, then that would be helpful as I am currently losing hope. Thank you!

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Thanks Mate .

Quiet annoying ADVO slow motion

I have sent my passport for visa stamping and still waiting its been 22 days till now .

Strange though

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
yous1987 said:
Hi all,
I am an Egyptian pharmacist that's currently residing and working in Bahrain and I was wondering if someone could assist me in providing information with regards to the process time of my permanent residence application. I have applied for it from a while back through the Federal Skilled Workers Immigration Program via the newly adopted Express Entry system and till now I have not received my PPR. Its now closing to 9 months.

Date on which I finalized and uploaded my documents and received my AOR: 9th of January 2016
Date on which I was asked to sign and upload a "Schedule A Declaration Background" and then I uploaded it on the same day: 18th of January 2016
Date on which the CIC said that they had started on my "Background check: 24th of February 2016

I previously inquired through the Abu Dhabi Canadian embassy e-mail and through the Case Specific Enquiry and I got a reply stating that their files do not show any active application with the information that I have provided which I find pretty odd and strange considering that the Canadian Embassy of Abu Dhabi is responsible for the Permanent Residence applications for residents of Bahrain as stated on the CIC website. I still have not applied for my GCMS notes but I am not sure what will that accomplish for my case. If anyone can provide me with their experiences and their feedback, then that would be helpful as I am currently losing hope. Thank you!
order CAIPS files , you can see your whole file how is ist doing and the notes of the visa officers on your files. it costs 30$

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
yous1987 said:
Hi all,

IRCC processes applications globally, now. It doesn't depend on your country of residence anymore.

I will repeat it again, request GCMS notes and you will get all the information about what's going on with your file. If you have someone in Canada (a relative and/or a friend, they can request it on your behalf using this website: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/). If you don't have anyone in Canada, you can use an online paid service to get your GCMS file. You can find many options online (use Google).
A couple of them are:

http://www.visafile.info/
http://gcmsnow.com/