Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
owenaze said:
Well it appears to be the main reason. It is easier to run BC for citizens of one country than for several countries. The two VO's cannot be compared. Just imagine the BC for someone in Yemen at this time. The good thing is that most applications are processed within the six months timeline. Patience is the name of the game ;). Wishing PPR rain soon for us all.
This is perfectly right.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
owenaze said:
Well it appears to be the main reason. It is easier to run BC for citizens of one country than for several countries. The two VO's cannot be compared. Just imagine the BC for someone in Yemen at this time. The good thing is that most applications are processed within the six months timeline. Patience is the name of the game ;). Wishing PPR rain soon for us all.
Well for me it is 3+ months since AOR and they still did not start BG check ...still says not started.....

And also i do not see it a reason to cause delay that they need to check BC from more than one country, after all for each it is 2-3 countries max, for me it is 2, Lebanon my home country and Kuwait my country of residence... and I believe it is most likely the same (when it comes to country number) for most applicants from the GCC... and many indians applying from indian might had been in US or Canada on temporary work before or even in the GCC but moved back to India, but still DVO is much faster although they have to do BC for people who have been in several countries.....BC is related to residency not citizenship ....

It is most likely ADVO is understaffed or just used to the laziness of the GCC environment :p

gouda333

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
Hi Nick.. we do have a whatsapp grup for all dubai-uae people.

Pls do share your number, will get you added there.
Dear Please can you add me 00966563679500

Achievement

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Perfectskilledmigrat,

Please refer below details

Call on 1-613-944-4000. (International number) Try with Skype, Google Hangout or magic jack (free calls to Canada)

Use options 1 1 1 Line will be transferred to CIO.

Use options 1 1 3

Agent will ask when you have submitted your application....Give your UCI or application # in order to check the status..

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Achievement said:
Hi Perfectskilledmigrat,

Please refer below details

Call on 1-613-944-4000. (International number) Try with Skype, Google Hangout or magic jack (free calls to Canada)

Use options 1 1 1 Line will be transferred to CIO.

Use options 1 1 3

Agent will ask when you have submitted your application....Give your UCI or application # in order to check the status..
Thank you for the info...I had called them before when I wanted to submit my application as I had a few questions, but the agent who spoke to me was extremely rude and unhelpful... and I could tell he was originally from Lebanon like me because the accent was apparent and he even slipped and said my country name in arabic with a Lebanese accent when he was telling me to check with the embassy there lol....maybe that is why he was rude and not nice as most Canadians are :p

Anyhow +1 and I will call them up and check before I order my GCMS notes next monday.

Achievement

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Thank you for the info...I had called them before when I wanted to submit my application as I had a few questions, but the agent who spoke to me was extremely rude and unhelpful... and I could tell he was originally from Lebanon like me because the accent was apparent and he even slipped and said my country name in arabic with a Lebanese accent when he was telling me to check with the embassy there lol....maybe that is why he was rude and not nice as most Canadians are :p

Anyhow +1 and I will call them up and check before I order my GCMS notes next monday.
I knew this is extremely hard to get good one. I too called number of times. One of ladies were really good, given a proper response.

By the way,,ADVO is slowest among other VOs. My BC has started after two months that they received application from Ottawa. According to CIC they have transferred to ADVO in Sep.

From Sept to Nov, just they kept with them. I sent CSE for ECAS in Nov, after one week it went to BC Inprogress...

Looks really strange when compare with other VO's ..my AOR 20 July.

We can not do nothing rather than waiting and praying. I am planning to send CSE due to processing time passed (Six months).

Let us hope all we get PPRs...

Bella15

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
We submitted our passports last week. Still waiting..

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
They are clearly very slow in Abu Dhabi.... i think processing is done by both Ottawa and Abu Dhabi...each checks some part of the application....

How long did they take to return your passport after PPR?

Regards,
i used the dubai vfs route which was more convenient that submitting the passports in person at the embassy in abu dhabi.
passports were submitted on 16th nov 2015 and were received back in vfs on 25th nov 2016; collected them on 26th..

on 24th night, i was checking mycic randomly and saw that they had changed the application status to "approved".
I got the 'your profile has been updated'' email and notification from vfs (for having received passports) on 25th..

Achievement

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adi_16 said:
i used the dubai vfs route which was more convenient that submitting the passports in person at the embassy in abu dhabi.
passports were submitted on 16th nov 2015 and were received back in vfs on 25th nov 2016; collected them on 26th..

on 24th night, i was checking mycic randomly and saw that they had changed the application status to "approved".
I got the 'your profile has been updated'' email and notification from vfs (for having received passports) on 25th..
Congrats..It seems they took two months from BC...

I hope mine should get by end of this month.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Achievement said:

My BG changed to "In Progress" in Nov 3 and I received PPR on Jan 13.

So I guess by end of Jan or first week of Feb, you might get the coveted PPR. Cheer up :)

Achievement

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalv said:
My BG changed to "In Progress" in Nov 3 and I received PPR on Jan 13.

So I guess by end of Jan or first week of Feb, you might get the coveted PPR. Cheer up :)
Thanks Vishalv.

I do hope and expect either by end of this month or 1st week feb based on ADVO processing after BC

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Achievement said:

Thanks!

But you are probably referring to "In process" in my signature... that wasn't my BC in progress, that was my status in ECAS..

In those days, it was a general rule that one would get DM or PPR in a week or two after ECAS went In process but this was broken on 19th june and 14th / 15th august when large no. of ppl were put in process at one time in bulk..

Not sure what the current chain of events is up to PPR..

When I actually got the PPR, the general trend (especially for Outland FSW) was that BC would go in progress just a day or so before DM and then PPR would follow in around a week's time after that.. so my BC went in progress on 16th Oct i think..

I guess the trends and flow of status updates leading up to changes from time to time.. i have seen at least 2 - 3 changes up to my PPR till when i was keenly, sincerely and desperately following the forum :)

CANEE

Dec 21, 2015
Bella15 said:
We submitted our passports last week. Still waiting..
Same here. Submitted through VFS Dubai on 14th Jan - still no updates. Hoping to get an update this week. When did you submit your passport(s)?

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
CANEE said:
Same here. Submitted through VFS Dubai on 14th Jan - still no updates. Hoping to get an update this week. When did you submit your passport(s)?
Please share your timeline and type of application (PNP, FSW...etc)

Regards,