Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys
I submitted my passport to VFS wafi mall on the 13th August 2017
Can I expect the passports to be returned back before EID holidays
I have a travel coming up
Any thoughts
I submitted mine on the 13th as well at VFS wafi. The passport was received by the Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi on 14th. Getting the passport before Eid looks improbable but let us hope for the best.

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Got PPR this morning. Even though my file was being processed in Ottawa VO, they requested we send our passports to Abu Dhabi Visa Office.

Because I live in Qatar, and there are currently no diplomatic ties between Qatar and UAE, Aramex has refused to accept the passport. VFS accepted them, but they also said that as of now, they have no way of getting them to Abu Dhabi - so they are awaiting for IRCC to give them further instructions on where to send the passports... *sigh*
Dear How many trips do you have?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations. Good to know that the last day of entry is sometime after the expiry of medicals. BTW, is the issue date on your visa same as approval date or is it a few days earlier, as a few of the members have previously indicated
the issue date on CoPR is the day i received the PPR letter...

Reactions: vabs200

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
There is no timeline for nationalities. Every case is different. If you are specifically interested in pakistani applicants, you can get an idea by looking at Immitracker.
Thanks. I just want to confirm whether all applications from Pakistan to to Abu Dhabi VO. Some said they go to Ottawa and London VO as well. Is that right?

hkhan48

Aug 10, 2017
Hi All,

Just to check if anyone has received the Passport request with a confirmed itinerary to submit too?

I received the request to submit the itinerary and have to travel on the same too.

Anyone can guide if they received the same request?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks. I just want to confirm whether all applications from Pakistan to to Abu Dhabi VO. Some said they go to Ottawa and London VO as well. Is that right?
Thats correct, its unusual, but recently thats the common trend due to work load distribution.

Reactions: MM345

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi All,

Just to check if anyone has received the Passport request with a confirmed itinerary to submit too?

I received the request to submit the itinerary and have to travel on the same too.

Anyone can guide if they received the same request?
I got the same. I submitted my ticket along with my passport. I must travel on same date i provided, and must arrive only mon-thursday, 8am-10pm, avoiding public holidays too.

cagovindsingh

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Guys, received a small update...

Firstly would like to tell you that it is possible to call and speak to a CIC agent in Canada by calling on +1 61394440001. This number is for some other department in Canada but call gets transferred to CIC. Also, the lines are always busy whenever I tried during other time but when I called them at exactly 4pm Dubai time (8 am Toronto time) I got through. The guy was very helpful and confirmed that my RPFR payment has been processed and it is updated on the system. He also that my visa is in "Now printing" stage which means their systems do have some connection with local embassy as well. He ended the call by saying Congratulations for getting the PR and we hope to welcome you in Canada soon. I think that was really good.

So hopefully I should get the update and passport very soon.

Thanks

fa793

Aug 17, 2017
Is there an active whatsapp group for Dubai/Abu Dhabi based applicants?

Can someone provide a weblink for the group or let me know and I can give my number.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I got the same. I submitted my ticket along with my passport. I must travel on same date i provided, and must arrive only mon-thursday, 8am-10pm, avoiding public holidays too.
Feras i read here somewhere that the ticket thing was a mistake in the email and that someone actually emailed abudhabi vo and that was their reply

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Feras i read here somewhere that the ticket thing was a mistake in the email and that someone actually emailed abudhabi vo and that was their reply
Really? Well that was a 1200 dollars mistake, already sent them my ticket, so they better finish it before my flight on 24th sep. They said in the ppr to allow 20 days, so they should have more than enough time

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolverine17