+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VO applications

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
dear all , I am under QSW , VO Abudhabi, my case is facing delays and I am very frustrated with the process.
after 30 months they still have not started my background and security check. they have asked for update of documents two times.
second time may 13 2018. I tried sending emails and CS forms but no clear response. I would truly appreciate your help and comments.
Time-line:
Documents received by Sydney, NS: 15 October 2015
Acknowledging receipt: January 14, 2016
Document request letter: March 2 2017
Updated documents uploaded in CIC account: April 2017
Medical completed: April 2017
request for update of documents (2nd time) : May 2018 ( RPR fees were asked last year which was paid that time but again mentioned in the recent request letter!)
Could you mention the documents they asked for in May 2018? Did they ask for schedule 5? I think you are about to receive your PPR soon. As for starting your security, my guess is that it started when they first asked for additional documents.

sina61

Aug 3, 2016
Could you mention the documents they asked for in May 2018? Did they ask for schedule 5? I think you are about to receive your PPR soon. As for starting your security, my guess is that it started when they first asked for additional documents.
May 2018 they asked for :

· IMM0008-Generic Application Form for Canada

· IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form

· IMM5406 - Additional Family Information Form

· police certificates from Oman and Iran

· Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

March 2017 they asked for :

· IMM5562E - Supplementary Information – Your Travels.

· Police Certificate from Oman
Actually I have two GCMs reports, one in Nov 2017 and another one May 2018. They are completely same expect that the new one says medical is expired. Both mention that security and criminality not started. Also in my cic account background check shows as not started.

I don’t understand what is going on here! It is extremely confusing and frustrating :(

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
May 2018 they asked for :

· IMM0008-Generic Application Form for Canada

· police certificates from Oman and Iran

March 2017 they asked for :

· IMM5562E - Supplementary Information – Your Travels.

· Police Certificate from Oman
Actually I have two GCMs reports, one in Nov 2017 and another one May 2018. They are completely same expect that the new one says medical is expired. Both mention that security and criminality not started. Also in my cic account background check shows as not started.

I don’t understand what is going on here! It is extremely confusing and frustrating :(
In your GCMS notes, what do you have in front of criminality?

Oman

May 23, 2017
dear all , I am under QSW , VO Abudhabi, my case is facing delays and I am very frustrated with the process.
after 30 months they still have not started my background and security check. they have asked for update of documents two times.
second time may 13 2018. I tried sending emails and CS forms but no clear response. I would truly appreciate your help and comments.
Time-line:
Documents received by Sydney, NS: 15 October 2015
Acknowledging receipt: January 14, 2016
Document request letter: March 2 2017
Updated documents uploaded in CIC account: April 2017
Medical completed: April 2017
request for update of documents (2nd time) : May 2018 ( RPR fees were asked last year which was paid that time but again mentioned in the recent request letter!)

Hey dont worry

I had the exact same situation like yours , they asked for docs march 2017 then aked agian for exacr same documemts dec 2017 , amd they asked fpr rprf twice for me

I fot the passport request last month , probably our file was transfered from ome officer to another
You can expect to het passpot request 2 months after ot should that they started your background check

sina61

Aug 3, 2016
Hey dont worry

I had the exact same situation like yours , they asked for docs march 2017 then aked agian for exacr same documemts dec 2017 , amd they asked fpr rprf twice for me

I fot the passport request last month , probably our file was transfered from ome officer to another
You can expect to het passpot request 2 months after ot should that they started your background check
thanks for you comforting words, would you mind if I contact you privately to ask further about this issue? thanks

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
So, last week, I received a letter from CSIS in reply to an inquiry I sent back in December 2017. In this letter, it was mentioned that they completed my security screening and advice was sent to the appropriate department. I was over the moon and I sent an inquiry to the visa office telling them that I am waiting for the good news. I was expecting them to send me the medical request at least since my application has been in process for 30 months. But, really, this is not how things are being done. The visa office sent me a reply telling me that they are still conduction background checks and they can't set a time frame. Is there an end to this misery?

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
So, last week, I received a letter from CSIS in reply to an inquiry I sent back in December 2017. In this letter, it was mentioned that they completed my security screening and advice was sent to the appropriate department. I was over the moon and I sent an inquiry to the visa office telling them that I am waiting for the good news. I was expecting them to send me the medical request at least since my application has been in process for 30 months. But, really, this is not how things are being done. The visa office sent me a reply telling me that they are still conduction background checks and they can't set a time frame. Is there an end to this misery?
Bro,

I recieved this message from Advo:

Dear............

Re-Application number XX********

All applications for permanent residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.

Our website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, notes the processing times for the different categories of applications and for residents and nationals of certain countries.

I think they started conducting a background check for me. How much time will it take? Allah knows

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Dears
at last, I got back the Passport with visa stamped
federal application : oct 2015
Very Happy for you. All the best and please share landing experience whenever you move to Canada

Last edited:

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Hello friends, I hope you are all doing great.
It has been time since there the last posts.
Reviving the discussion
I hope some of you have some good news to share.
from my side, still waiting...

bilalmpk173

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney/NS
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
23-March-2015
AOR Received.
13-11-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
13-11-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
August 2018
Reviving the discussion

we are all waiting but Abu Dhabi visa office is sleeping somewhere.

as on 25th June 2018 i got update on my online account that they sent me medial request but i never got any medical request so far. But online status says that they sent me Medical request...Nor me nor my representative nor online account has any letter for medical request letter..

now waiting!

waiting last 34 months!

Last edited:
Reactions: mgazi

Ahmed74

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
AOR Received.
02-11-2017
File Transfer...
15-11-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
8-11-2018
Reviving the discussion

Hi there.
I noticed that you are waiting for MR since 2016. Did you live in many countries?

As for me Federal app received on July 14 2017 and start processing on Nov 2 2017. I am waiting for MR as well. I have noticed in other threads lot of people already reached DM with similar time lines than me and much later than yours.